Menu
Gemal
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin package

What's the email address for complaints that actually ends with something being resolved? Phone calls fall on deaf ears,on line "tech" support, sorry forgot, I need an internet connection that actually works to do that, obviously virgin running at less than 1 mg is insufficient ,silly me, maybe using the suppliers own broadband to complain about their broadband service was a bridge too far, and being told we can't be helped because we haven't got a laptop to test their supply? Excuse me while I go to PC world and fork out£300 on said item, whilst every virgin van in the country has one on board , is it too much trouble nowadays to fulfil a contract ? It's easy, simple, I pay an amount every month, in return as it stated on the contract, I will receive a service, so,if I'm upholding my side of the contract, and virgin isn't, it doesn't take a magistrate to work out who's at fault , surely ? All I want is to watch a channel, without the need for a enigma machine to decipher what is being said, and to go on the internet to see how many goals birmingham city fc have lost by, maybe the loss of internet is better for the latter, alas I have no choice, I can see now, why virgin have no " complaints " department , which again I have been told, clearly the staff have resigned with stress and repetitive strain injury , due to the influx of work. All I need is one thing,HELP, is it such a big ask? Apparantly so,
Regards , bla bla bla , etc etc
Alan
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin package

Hi Alan, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. It is great to have you here even though the circumstances are not the best. 

I'm really sorry to hear you are having an issue with the speed of your internet. In order for us to provide support, you would need to have a working PC or Laptop there for us to run diagnostics. Is there a friend or relative around that you can borrow one from? 

Without running through the complex diagnostics we're not able to determine where the fault lays. It could be that not enough power is being pushed through the co axial cable, it may be an issue with the hub or it may be just your wireless connection that is the issue. Without knowing which of these is at fault we're not able to send an engineer. 

With regards to making a complaint, all of our agents are trained to raise and resolve complaints when you call. If you would rather complain via email then you can do this by clicking here: Email a complaint By going down this direction though it may take up to 28 days to get an initial response. 

I hope that helps explain in a little more details why we're not able to help further currently.

We're here if you have any further questions.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Gemal
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou for your reply , but why do WE need a PC or laptop to run diagnostics on YOUR equipment? Surely that comes under customer care? I can't understand why your technicians can't simply do it, isn't that part of the £60 a month? If not, why not?..... To me this is a simple case of washing ones hands of a problem, when I previously had sky tv, if there was a problem they would come out and diagnose it, they never asked me to go up a ladder and tinker with the dish, I hope you can understand with my frustration.

Regards

Alan
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alan,

As Kath has mentioned we require evidence that there is a fault before we can send one of our engineers out. We don't want to be in a position where we waste both yours and our engineers time if there is no fault present. I've run several checks on your connection today and nothing is standing out. All levels appear well within the parameters we would expect to see. I'd recommend posting your issue on the broadband boards so members of the community can contribute to your issue and hopefully find a solution for you as connection wise there doesn't appear to be a problem.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Gemal
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou for that, but what I have omitted to state , is that in the mean time, an engineer has come out and identified a problem,.. So what your saying isn't exactly the truth, by his own statement he agrees that the broadband , even at its lowest should be no where near the speed we are achieving, I'm sure an efficient company like yourselves can check on that, with site engineer reports etc, it will be all logged , maybe he sent you an email through our broadband ,....... you probably haven't got it yet , ...........he was here for approx an hour and a half, and said there was a problem with the levels, so it appears no one is "wasting " their time, if there isn't a fault , do you honestly believe we would be making such a song and dance about this, with phone calls , e mails etc ? I have far more important things to be doing,( for the record, our last speed check was 1.1 mb,) and to ask me to post it on the community, so other members can help is like rubbing salt into a wound , it shouldn't be up to the citizens of "virgin village" to give a solution , I'm grateful you sent your last reply , it will help immensely when we make a formal complaint, it just proves your lack of interest in helping to resolve our
situation ,
Alan
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your reply.

I've had a look over your account and cant see where the engineer you mention has been appointed as the last engineer we've booked for you came out as a result of DTV issues over a week ago. If the previous engineer has flagged something to our networks team then that may have something to do with the visit you've mentioned. In regards to what I've asked as far as diagnostics are concerned this was merely because I cant see any issues when running diagnostics from our end. The levels on your Superhub are all as they should be and the network traffic in the area is well below what I would expect to cause speed issues. It does sound like you're using wireless which maybe why you're having speed trouble and this is why we would ask for you to plug in a device such as a laptop and then run a speed check. If the speed tests then came back normal it would show the problem was with the wireless connection and there are steps you could take to improve this.

Kind regards

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos