Menu
Wideboy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin box pixellating

Hi anybody know why our box upstairs in the bedroom does this,whenever it has been on standby for any length of time,also very occasionally does the same when watching it,to rectify it I just slightly press down on the box and it seems to fix it,TV screen goes all pixelated.
0 Kudos
Wideboy
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin box pixellating

Also doesn't happen on any of the other 2 boxes we have.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Welcome back Wideboy Smiley Happy

Many thanks fro your post, it looks like there's a bit of an issue I can help you with here. After running some tests I was able to see that there are some minor signal issues on all boxes.  While these are small, they impose an issue with the services in the home and would need adjusting by an engineer.

I'd like to arrange this for you and If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Speak to you very soon Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

Wideboy
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks your technician was very thorough,increased signal strength,and swapped our box over in the bedroom and now the pixelating has gone,hopefully he said the broadband should be better after increasing signal as well,so will see how it goes,many thanks Ben for your help with this.Very pleased with forum help and couldn't of asked for more.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Wideboy

Excellent news, thanks for taking the time to let us know about this, I'm really glad to hear that it's been resolvedMan Happy

If you need any assistance moving forward, you know where to find us!

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide