Menu
keyworthowl
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin V6 box and Netflix

When watching Netflix through a v6 box, the sound and vision is out of sync, and sounds a bit "dalekish". 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin V6 box and Netflix

HI Keyworthowl

I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service recently.

In the settings option, you'll see some audio settings. What are these set to at the moment?

Are you getting the sound being out of sync through the headphones too? How do you have those set up? Are they connected straight to the TV?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

HI Derek

Thanks for taking the time to let me know, I'm really glad to hear that it's been sorted.

It could be an audio setting on the HDMI channel of your actual TV, although that wouldn't really explain why it only affects Netflix, I'm just glad it's been resolved.

We'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Hydrops
Dialled in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Chances are your internet connection is not capable of providing the desired quality of video you are trying to stream.

Getting consistently shafted by highly fluctuated ping during "peek" all daylight hours.
0 Kudos
keyworthowl
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your swift reply, but it can't be that, because there is no problem streaming it to my smart television. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi keyworthowl,

Sorry to hear Netflix is out of sync when streaming via the V6 box.

Are you using a surround system by any chance? If you are could you try it through the televisions audio output please and see if it still happens.

Kind regards

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
keyworthowl
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen,
I have found that if I have an audio lead direct from the v6 box to the surround sound, there is no problem. The problem occurs if I use the hdmi lead for audio. Another problem though is, my wife is very hard of hearing, and uses Sennheiser wireless headphones, and the docking/transmitter needs to be plugged into the box. This only occurs with Netflix. Everything else is fine.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

HI Keyworthowl

I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service recently.

In the settings option, you'll see some audio settings. What are these set to at the moment?

Are you getting the sound being out of sync through the headphones too? How do you have those set up? Are they connected straight to the TV?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Craig

keyworthowl
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig 

I have checked my audio settings, and changed to Dolby Digital to PCM. This didn't make any difference, but I then plugged the hdmi cable into a different hdmi socket on the TV, and that appears to have done the trick. Everything is fine now through the headphones, which are connected to the audio out socket on the v6 box, and the surround sound. It seems funny though, that it only happened while on Netflix. 

Thank you for your assistance 

Derek (keyworthowl) 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

HI Derek

Thanks for taking the time to let me know, I'm really glad to hear that it's been sorted.

It could be an audio setting on the HDMI channel of your actual TV, although that wouldn't really explain why it only affects Netflix, I'm just glad it's been resolved.

We'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward

Craig

thrice
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I am searching for an answer to a problem with my V6 and Netflix and this seems to be the most appropriate thread.

With my original TiVo Netflix took an age to load but then streamed smoothly and without problems. Since replacing my TiVos with a pair of V6s linked to my super-hub 2 Netflix loads in seconds but I have been experiencing a distinct judder when viewing slow panning shots. It is as if the picture is dropping frames. I am on Vivid 200. The sound and picture quality (judder aside) is excellent and the V6s are otherwise glitch-free.

Is this a known problem and, if so, is there a fix for it?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi thrice,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with Netflix.

Are you still experiencing issues with this? Does it happen on every Netflix asset or is it intermittent?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos