Menu
Highlighted
Jamie_1999
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Tv

Hi, I want to go onto virgin but I want to know if they will only let me have it in my bedroom, because im 18 years old and still live with my parents and only want it in my bedroom as my parents have already got sky in the living room, so I don’t know if I need to have a virgin box in the main room or anything, or can I just have it in a single room which is my bedroom.

If anyone could please help me out with an answer then I would really be grateful.
Much appreciated.

Thanks
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
SDC
Rising star
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Tv

It would be wise to check who has to sign for what on the installation contract - the VM service may well be provided to your room but the hardware and cable access will be on/under/through your parents' property. This situation can get particularly messy when parents are tenants rather than owners, permission from the property owner may be needed in such circumstances..

Learning one day at a time how it works, breaks, and gets fixed.
Use Kudos to show your appreciation,
send Guinness to really show your appreciation :-)
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved.
I do not work for VM... I work for peanuts.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

you can have the box wherever you want

Jamie_1999
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou!
0 Kudos
SDC
Rising star
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It would be wise to check who has to sign for what on the installation contract - the VM service may well be provided to your room but the hardware and cable access will be on/under/through your parents' property. This situation can get particularly messy when parents are tenants rather than owners, permission from the property owner may be needed in such circumstances..

Learning one day at a time how it works, breaks, and gets fixed.
Use Kudos to show your appreciation,
send Guinness to really show your appreciation :-)
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved.
I do not work for VM... I work for peanuts.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

V6 TV boxes require you to have Virgin Broadband services. If you are not with Virgin for your Broadband you will need both installed (Hub & TV box).

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
tvadikt
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Would it not be easier for you to upgrade sky to multiroom (and cheaper)

0 Kudos
Jamie_1999
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No you don’t. I have just this second got off the phone to them and they said I don’t need virgin broadband, i only need the V6 box and the engineer will set everything up for me.
0 Kudos
Jamie_1999
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Haha I will give it a like and marked as helpful just because im genorous!Smiley Happy

Thankyou for the reply!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Standalone TV with Virgin Media will come with a TiVo, not a V6.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Jamie_1999wrote:
No you don’t. I have just this second got off the phone to them and they said I don’t need virgin broadband, i only need the V6 box and the engineer will set everything up for me.

Wrong! Virgin's systems won't allow you to have a V6 without Broadband, & Forum Staff here will confirm this. If anything you will end up with a cluncky old TiVO that is usable on other connections.

@ForumTeam

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos