Menu
slaird82
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Tv picture distortion

Hi Virgin

For the last few weeks my tv picture keeps breaking up everything minute or so. The picture cracks and breaks up, and can take a few seconds to clear. This happens on all channels, but I mainly watch sky sports HD and BT HD, and this weekend it has annoyed me beyond the point of my patience haha.

Please help Smiley Sad

Scott
0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Tv picture distortion

If you give it a couple of days a member of forum staff will pick this up and be able to remotely check your signal and assess whether you need an engineer/replacement box and arrange visit.

They don't work Sunday's but in the meantime you could recheck all connections and reboot - sorry about that because you've probably already done that (I tend to supply a swearing accompaniment as I roll about the floor) but it can't hurt to double check so advisor knows it's been done.

Good luck with it

0 Kudos
slaird82
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hello

All cables were checked on Sunday night, however the picture distortion continued on all sky sports channels throughout Sunday

I look forward to an update from a technitian

Regards
Scott
0 Kudos
Leannebrown81
Joining in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

My e4 and e4+1 are not working properly and haven't all week.. they are beginning to annoy me
0 Kudos
slaird82
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hello Virgin

Any update to someone being in touch so that the issue can be rectified?

Regards
Scott
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

What did the Faults team say when you talked to them?

You'll find that you get an immediate response if you give them a ring on 150 (from 08:00 until midnight, every day), or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page to initiate a live chat (from 08:00 until 20:00, Monday to Saturday)

This is primarily a user community forum and while the VM forum team do endeavour to read and, where appropriate, respond to every thread, it can take them a few days to wade through the volume of posts. So for an technical issue, which this seems to be, your best line of inquiry is through the Faults team via the methods above.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

In that case I have to post that I feel suitably guilty for delay in the OP getting his fault resolved and apologise.

From numerous previous similar posts which even at busy times are usually dealt with quickly and efficiently I did not realise that it was not within the remit of forum staff.

It is apparent that the 'Faults team' have not been spoken to perhaps because of the problems that can be encountered in ringing in and perhaps just a preference to use the Forum.

Perhaps there should be a full review of the actual role of the Forum - I am already of the view that it's main strength lies in the expertise of the Superusers in giving tips, help and advice to other customers.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

spell wrote:

From numerous previous similar posts which even at busy times are usually dealt with quickly and efficiently I did not realise that it was not within the remit of forum staff.

It is fully within their remit, and when they encounter a post such as this the OP's account can be checked and if nothing has yet been arranged they can initiate the process. However, the Forum Team's response time will be (by virtue of the sheer volume of posts) measured in days rather than the few minutes of either a phone call or online chat.

For an immediate response to a technical issue (which is what many seem to be seeking when they post), the fastest means to a resolution is always to ring/chat.

The OP posted 5 days ago, having suffered the issue for a few weeks.
Ringing in the day it first occurred may have resulted in fault investigation being conducted over the phone and, if appropriate, a visit a few days later.
If ringing in isn't possible, the chat functionality exists for that reason.

The forum does certainly have its place, but immediate responses from VM Staff on an urgent issue is not what it's here for.

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Or, as I have suggested several times over the years, VM could have a properly resourced online portal where customers could post their problems and get a response in a reasonable time (it could have an SLA) and there would also be an audit trail.  The latter is lacking in telephone conversations.

After all, given the number of price rises over the last year or two, VM must have the funds available. Just imagine, a customer service with properly trained staff who deal with problems in a reasonable timeframe.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Is that not the intent of the chat facility?

While it could easily be a sub-section of the forum, wherever it were located it would be as reliant on customers with issues using it for the correct reasons as 999 is on people not calling the number because they have indigestion...