Menu
wendye123
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV remote standby button doesn't always work?

In recent weeks the standby button doesn't always work on my Virgin TV remote. Sometimes I have to hold the button down for about 10 -20 seconds, and when that fails to work, I have to press the button on the front of the box (Samsung V Box). Irritatingly it works OK sometimes, but there isn't a pattern with this behaviour! Does this mean that the TV remote needs replacing or is it likely to be a fault with the box? Both are about 8 years old so, not sure what to think really. Any suggestions please?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin TV remote standby button doesn't always work?

Assuming you've tried the obvious and swapped the batteries, then yes a new remote may be needed!

Although if the box is that old, and you're out of contract, you may find yourself better off giving the Retentions team a ring and negotiating a new contract.

Either give them a ring on 150 [VM phone] / 0345 454 1111 [non-VM phone] (from 08:00 until midnight, every day), or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page to initiate a live chat (from 08:00 until 20:00, Monday to Saturday).

For a new remote choose 'TV Fault' when you get in touch, or "If you're thinking of leaving us" for Retentions.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Assuming you've tried the obvious and swapped the batteries, then yes a new remote may be needed!

Although if the box is that old, and you're out of contract, you may find yourself better off giving the Retentions team a ring and negotiating a new contract.

Either give them a ring on 150 [VM phone] / 0345 454 1111 [non-VM phone] (from 08:00 until midnight, every day), or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page to initiate a live chat (from 08:00 until 20:00, Monday to Saturday).

For a new remote choose 'TV Fault' when you get in touch, or "If you're thinking of leaving us" for Retentions.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
wendye123
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks PrinterElf I will contact VM about this issue as I'm still in contract. I have recently changed the batteries, hoping it would be a simple fix, but it's not really worked.
0 Kudos