Menu
jnoble100
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV box (Tivo) very very slow

New Virgin customer a year ago and got my Tivo box then.  But it's very very slow - particularly compared to the old Sky+ box I had. Netflix and Youtube are unusable on the box and going from menu to menu takes far longer than it should.  We've tried the cache clearing steps (thumbs down, up and record twice) and that offers little if any improvement.  I think we've got the latest software update (with series link+).

Any ideas?  Should it be this painfully slow?  Old box?  Broken box?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV box (Tivo) very very slow

Hi Jnoble100,

Welcome back to the Community, I hope you're enjoying your weekend so far Smiley Happy

I am sorry to read that the TiVo has been acting slow lately, I have been testing the account and the TiVo has been working well from our end. There is and issue ongoing and work is currently being carried out to test the slowness against some progress we've been doing. Whilst there is nothing official, I can see that there is some progress and that this has been made a priority to fix.

Please take care and in the meantime, try clearing the cache.
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
jnoble100
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben.  Turning the box off and on again, gives some very marginal improvements but doesn't take long for it to slow down.  Netflix and Youtube are so slow that they're unusable - we have to use the Apple TV box for them all the time.  The Tivo software is very cumbersome - needs an update and a new 2016 box, to match the latest (very cool) Sky Q box.  No 4K yet?  Come on!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi jnoble100,

Thanks for getting back to us! I'm sorry rebooting the box hasn't helped. Were you able to try any of the temporary fixes in the link Ben shared?

Our team is currently working on an update for the TiVo® to resolve the issues with slowness customers are experiencing.

No news on the new Virgin TV V6 box yet but keep your eyes peeled for updates!

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jnoble100
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Restarting the box or resetting the cache isn't the answer.  It works a little but Netflix and You Tube are always completely unusable.  Pointless having the apps really.  Very disappointing.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi jnoble100,

I'm really sorry for the trouble, I know how frustrating this can be.

Our technicians have picked this up as a network fault and are working to get it sorted as soon as possible - Ref.(NKE00007985).

Sorry again for the inconvenience this has caused.

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos