Menu
dwplease
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV V6 box

Hi, when I have tried to register my interest in the forthcoming 4K box here: https://keepup.virginmedia.com/befirst over the past month I get the message my details could not be found and cannot proceed. Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV V6 box

Hello dwplease,

Sorry to hear you're unable to register your interest regarding the new V6 box.

I have located your account and have been able to replicate the same problem so I have raised this and once I hear back with more information I will be in touch.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi again dwplease,

Just to let you know I've been advised that this should be resolved by Monday, the database is going to be updated so please try it again Monday and let me know if there's any problems.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
amonline
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Is there any update on release date for the V6 box? 

Frankly with the snail's pace that my existing TIVO box is going at since the update, and the price increase, if there's no firm release date in the next couple of weeks I'll be taking up the chance to switch to Sky Q as I can save about £500 over the next 12-months and have a system that doesn't take an age to do anything!!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Amonline

We've got no information regarding the release date for the V6 box at the moment, as soon as information is available, it's likely to be posted in our [news board]. Which you can view by clicking [here] or following the link below.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/News/bg-p/News

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos
amonline
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have it on good authority that due to issues with the V6 boxes it is highly unlikely that it'll launch before Christmas - and it'll have the same Series Link+ programming issue that existing boxes have with recording multiple copies of the same episodes of the same show - which I've officially been informed from 2 Virgin sources is not a "serious programming bug" as users would describe it but is "deliberate"!

...so I have today cancelled my Virgin TIVO and have managed to get Sky Q, 2TB Box, 5-tuners, mini-box for another room, Complete TV package with Box Sets (which includes Sky Atlantic that Virgin never managed to agree a price for), full Sky Movies/Cinema and Sky Sports, all for £42 per month

0 Kudos
Wales
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem.  When I try and register my interest, I get the message "Sorry, we couldn't find you in the system."

Can you help ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

amonline wrote:

I have it on good authority that due to issues with the V6 boxes it is highly unlikely that it'll launch before Christmas - and it'll have the same Series Link+ programming issue that existing boxes have with recording multiple copies of the same episodes of the same show - which I've officially been informed from 2 Virgin sources is not a "serious programming bug" as users would describe it but is "deliberate"!

...so I have today cancelled my Virgin TIVO and have managed to get Sky Q, 2TB Box, 5-tuners, mini-box for another room, Complete TV package with Box Sets (which includes Sky Atlantic that Virgin never managed to agree a price for), full Sky Movies/Cinema and Sky Sports, all for £42 per month

If you want to jump ship thats up to you, as the Sky Q boxes are not without problems. As to how far away the launch of VM's kit is, well; all in good time. I'd rather them get it right at launch & not release a "box full of bugs". As for Sky Atlantic, at the time of launch those in charge at Sky were adamant that VM would never get their hands on the channel, so if they were offered it the price would no doubt have been well inflated.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
paulg262
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The latency on my Tivo Box is getting so bad despite rebooting it several times, I think that when my contract expires I will be moving to Sky. Another influence on my decision is the constant price increases, I seem to get a letter every 6 months announcing another price increase, which I could accept a bit easier if the service was getting better, but it is getting worse. 

It's a pity because I have been with Virgin for a long time and the service in the past has been good.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

paulg262 wrote:

I seem to get a letter every 6 months announcing another price increase

They shouldn't come as too much of a shock from Sky then Smiley Wink

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos