Menu
JDLR007
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Own the equipment (modems tivo) why ebay sellers re selling?

why are virgin boxes on ebay?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Own the equipment (modems tivo) why ebay sellers re selling?

Because people dont return them as they should, & then try to sell them (which is illegal). eBay remove them when they spot them, but anyone buying one is effectively buying an expensive door stop anyway, as they can no longer be activated when removed from VM's accounts.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi JDLR007

Thanks for joining the community and for asking the question.

All equipment we provide to enable you to get the services ( TiVo® boxes, VHD boxes, Superhubs) are owned by us and once the contract ends if the equipment model is still being actively used by our installers we would request this to be returned.

Because our boxes are 'rented' from us, this allows us to provide the service guarantee to our customers where we provide free service call outs and service replacements of equipment long after the 12 month guarantee on other providers services has expired and you will always have that guarantee with us Smiley Happy

For those customers who don't they will receive notification of a charge which they will have to pay to us if this is not returned.

As @nodrogd has said, they don't work unless they're hooked up to an active account so they're pretty pointless as far as ebay purchases go, as well as being an illegal sale. 

If there's anything else we can help with just give us a shout Smiley Happy

Thanks again

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
JDLR007
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Then Virgin need to contact EBay as people buying and selling there property

Karen_A wrote:

Hi JDLR007

Thanks for joining the community and for asking the question.

All equipment we provide to enable you to get the services ( TiVo® boxes, VHD boxes, Superhubs) are owned by us and once the contract ends if the equipment model is still being actively used by our installers we would request this to be returned.

Because our boxes are 'rented' from us, this allows us to provide the service guarantee to our customers where we provide free service call outs and service replacements of equipment long after the 12 month guarantee on other providers services has expired and you will always have that guarantee with us Smiley Happy

For those customers who don't they will receive notification of a charge which they will have to pay to us if this is not returned.

As @nodrogd has said, they don't work unless they're hooked up to an active account so they're pretty pointless as far as ebay purchases go, as well as being an illegal sale. 

If there's anything else we can help with just give us a shout Smiley Happy

Thanks again

Karen

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi JDLR007

We do have a team that deals with fraud and I''ll be happy to flag these items for sale to them if you'd like to pop the links you've come across on ebay to me here on the forum.

I can get those flagged directly and this team does work with ebay for their removal from the site.

I have flagged the 16 items I have found that do violate our T's&C's in the selling on of equipment owned by us, but your specific items may not have been flagged in my search parameters so i'll double check them against my own and pass on if needed.

Thanks for your support in this and for flagging this to us here Smiley Happy

Kind regards

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi JDLR007

Further to your feedback for us our security teams have  got back to me on this with an update.

'We do have items removed from ebay on a daily basis.  Unfortunately eBay will not block the initial auction being set up, so there will always be a period of item when the time is available for purchase.'

They are looking into the ones I flagged after your post to us here and will be applying to eBay for them to be removed asap.

Kind regards

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
JDLR007
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

cool cheers did wonder

Karen_A wrote:

Hi JDLR007

Further to your feedback for us our security teams have  got back to me on this with an update.

'We do have items removed from ebay on a daily basis.  Unfortunately eBay will not block the initial auction being set up, so there will always be a period of item when the time is available for purchase.'

They are looking into the ones I flagged after your post to us here and will be applying to eBay for them to be removed asap.

Kind regards

Karen

0 Kudos
Xian
Well-informed
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Karen_A wrote:

Hi JDLR007

Kind regards

Karen

Quite simply,  eBay are knowingly selling stolen goods.

0 Kudos
JDLR007
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

my thoughts exactly and if they have the knowledge then ebay are breaking the law themselves lol 

0 Kudos