Menu
Dougiek74
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Movies on Demand - Subtitles ?

I have seen a couple of films on Virgins Movies on Demand however I need to know if there is subtitles available for these films - Is there any way to check if there is subtitles available as I dont want to pay £4 for a film with no subtitles !

Thanks 

Dougie 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Movies on Demand - Subtitles ?

Hi Dougiek74,

Currently Movies On Demand do not have subtitles.  We rely on the content provider to supply the subtitle information in order to show this.

If anything has subtitles available it will usually have the (S) symbol in the synopsis.  

Cheers.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Dougiek74,

Currently Movies On Demand do not have subtitles.  We rely on the content provider to supply the subtitle information in order to show this.

If anything has subtitles available it will usually have the (S) symbol in the synopsis.  

Cheers.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Dougiek74
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response Collette_T, do you know if there is a central location of all movies available on demand that detail whether the film has subtitles or not ? 

Thanks 

Dougie 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey Dougie

That's a good question, I've just had a look for you and from what I can see, there's not a way to view movies with subtitles only. We are always looking for ways to improve the service so I've fed this question back for you. 

I hope you're enjoying the films Man Happy

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
kmqbdaisy
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'd like to know if any progress has been made on this - with one deaf member of the family we cannot watch *any* films without subtitles, so this means there is effectively no point in our having Virgin Movies on Demand at all.  When all films these days are sold on DVD with subtitles, why is it that the distributors cannot supply a subtitle track?

Virgin Media, get your act together!  Are you doing *anything* at all to tackle this problem?

regards

Kate

0 Kudos
Geordiejay
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'd like to echo Kates concerns.

I have been asking about this for several years now and we are NO further forward.

If it is the suppliers fault, then change to a supplier who will comply.

I am aware there are no rules and regulations for VOD services to supply subtitles but I feel the issue is just being swept under the carpet.

Currently I am NOT able to enjoy movies on demand.

I am NOT able to enjoy catch up tv.

This is acceptable?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey all

I am sorry for the inconvenience this is causing, I can assure you that we're always looking to better the service for our customers and posting your opinions on this forum is a great way to make sure they are heard. 

Should there be any update in this area, it's likely an update will be put on the forums to let you know.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
joriver
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

We too have a viewing family with 1 member who need subtitles, and do not see the advantage of having virgin movies if we cant all enjoy then

0 Kudos
Healthylady
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Last night we watched the film 45 years and as with so many films recently my husband really struggled to hear the speech. Even i struggled at times as the film featured a lot of background sounds but had to keep relaying what had been said. I found this forum when searching for how do I get subtitles.. It is astonishing that Virgin do not provide this service for movies on demand. How does this meet equality access standards for those who are disabled or have hearing challenges? It is blatant discrimination and should be corrected asap. We will be reluctant to buy a film again until this service is normal and available,

It is noted that the first questions on this were asked years ago but no progress has been made.How may films are you not selling Virgin because of this problem, you wont know until you ask. Maybe a household questionnaire is called for?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello Healthylady,

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community Forum and thank you for your post. I apologise that there are no subtitles for the Virgin Movies on Demand.

As Collette previously advised, we rely on the content provider to supply the subtitle material for each programme or film. I can certainly understand the frustration caused by there being no subtitles available for this area of our service.

I can see that this has been escalated before, but we haven't received an update yet, so I wanted to let you know that I'm currently investigating what is going on with this in hopes of getting you an update on the progress of subtitled accessibility being provided on all areas of Virgin Media DTV services. 

Accessibility is something that Virgin Media takes seriously and puts a great deal of work and effort into. Please see the following link for information on this: http://accessibility.virginmedia.com/welcome.html

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos