Menu
davsco1973
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media VBox 2110

Hi,

Help or advice please

Having been a virgin customer for many many years i took out a tv, broadband and phone package, no problem at all, but due to a few things changing at home i want to connect up an old VBOX that was sent to me but never used, now i want to try and make use of it as we have a TV package we are not using and i want to use this in my spare room, 1 problem how the hell do you get it to work?

its all connected up, new smart card installed, i am guessing this box will need to be activated but i have no idea how to do that, i phone the number and thats for tivo boxes and hubs, nothing for this very old bit of kit i got in front of me which at the moment does not seem to be doing anything at all

Any one with some ideas please?

Dave

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media VBox 2110

Unless Virgin Media have sent you a box they won't work.

Virgin Media kit is rented, not sold, so boxes acquired from elsewhere will never be provisioned to work.

If the box was sent directly from Virgin Media to you, but never set up you'll need to check whether it is correctly provisioned on the account by speaking to the Faults team. If it is, they can then send signals down to get it working.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
davsco1973
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media VBox 2110

yeah this was sent direct from virgin many many years ago (2009), surprised it actually works at all to be honest

0 Kudos