Menu
Armadillo
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin HDCP or Tivo Firmware Update?

Hi,

I have a setup that was fine until 10 days ago running a Tivo over a HDMI to DVI lead for video & Optical Toslink for audio into an older LG HDCP compliant TV. There is no HDMI lead on the TV as the standard was not well implemented at the time & DVI was higher definition & more reliable.

I purposefully chose this TV because the DVI connection was HDCP compliant. It is an LG RZ32LZ55 TV from around 2006 & still works fine & gives good picture. It has now been retired to the bedroom.

After moving from SKY where the setup worked flawlessly, we were advised that we had to upgrade from the V HD box to a Tivo box which would solve the issues we were then (& now - again) experiencing - visible guide & channel information, but no actual moving picture. Sound is fine, just no picture.

So, 10 days ago, both of our Tivo box's developed faults with their HDMi ports - no picture or sound coming out. This happened either during sleep or the day when we were at work - suffice to say that one evening all was fine, the next, nothing worked.

Engineer came out, replaced both Tivo box's & now the 1 in the living room (HDMI to HDMI via Denon AV receiver) works fine, the other via HDMI to DVI lead only shows static images - similar to what we originally experienced with the V HD box.

The lead & the TV are both fine - I have checked this with other equipment.

Has there been any update to firmware (seen lots in non-Virgin Tivo communities from around 20th Jan 2016 onwards to suggest a firmware update is responsible for similar experiences) or an update to the Virgin HDCP compliance implementation that would explain this?

And is there any way to resolve this does anyone know?

Hope all is well & to hear from someone soon.

Russ

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin HDCP or Tivo Firmware Update?

Hi Russ,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't found an answer to the loss of picture on one of your boxes.  I'd like to help check this out with you if that's ok?

I will get in touch with one of your fault teams to check this out and I will get back to you.  It may take a couple o fdays and may be Monday before I get back to you.

In the meantime have a lovely week end and I'll be in touch. 

Thank you for your patience.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Armadillo
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin HDCP or Tivo Firmware Update?

Colette

Been a week now & was wondeing if anyone had come back to you on this matter?

Hopefully hear from you soon.

0 Kudos