Menu
wokelly
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin HD TV is not showing?

It has been over a year since I last had the problem of my HD service not working. For some reason I get a black screen instead of a picture through my HDMI connection. It lasts for one day only. It has happened about five times since I became HD active 2 years ago. I am able to watch the TV through a scart connection although the picture quality is bad. The menu still shows on the HDMI channel and the on demand feature works to the extent that it shows the graphics and even the time counter for the selected program - but there is no actual picture. Today I have this problem again. And would you believe it is NRL Grand Final day. I have watched every game of the season leading up to this momentous event.... and have just watched the final in analogue mode. Looks like 1963. The last time I registered this problem on this site I was told to change cables, book technicians, upgrade to Tivo, yadda yadda... none of which was the slightest help. Especially as the service is normal the next day. My question largely concerns my being treated like an adult. Why will nobody there admit they are running tests or having a problem and explain this to me in sensible plain English? I can handle having a reduced service every so often - I will not sue Virgin if I miss a day's HD service every six months. Does anyone have any constructive advice?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin HD TV is not showing?

Hi wokelly,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this fault with picture blanking out again.  This isn't good to hear.

I will be happy to help get this sorted for you.

I have carried out some checks with your box remotely and there is a detectable fault with the signal.   In order to get this fixed I will arrange for an engineer to call out for you.

I'll send all the details in a private message.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
wokelly
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Colette.

I have just installed a brand new TIVO box so hopefully the black screen palarver is over? I would have bought one earlier had I known that self-installation only costs £20. So far my only concern is that the BBC iplayer is very slow. I do not consider this to be worth spending time on. Mine or yours. Cheers.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wokelly, 

Thanks for the reply and posting back to the Community. I've been looking into the services and can see that some of the TV services seem turned off. Can you tell me if this was the case at the time of my message?

Take care and hope that everything is working well in the home Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos