Menu
tassiekev
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Violent Missionaries

Was looking thru the TV guide and saw the movie "Camino" listed on Sky Crime/Thriller - went to set a recording and had a read of the synopsis because I'm not familiar with this movie.

"Violent missionaries pursue a war photographer in the jungles of Cambodia...."

Anybody know when they turned violent or is this just a new Tarantino spin on things?

Of course, if they were really mercenaries that would be different.  Have a good day.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Violent Missionaries

Hi Tassiekev,

Thank you for your time and letting us know about the movie you're looking to watch. the summary of what it's explaining does strike a healthy resemblance of what what goes on in that film. Without going into too much detail, there's plenty of violence in ti and yes, Violent missionaries Smiley Happy

Keep in touch and let us know what you thought of the movie Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
tassiekev
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Violent Missionaries/

Thanks Ben,

I watched Camino last night after the football. You asked for feedback on the movie so here it is:

Not one I'd want to watch again - I was OK with the violence (its only in real-life situations or movies based on fact that I squirm a bit), the plot was again, 10 Little Indians, as was The Hateful Eight. Strange that when I saw 'violent missionaries' in the synopsis that I thought of Tarantino and the movie turned out to be a Tarantino clone. Nacho Vigalondo (Guillermo) reminded me very much of Eli Wallach in the 60's (Magnificent Seven,Good Bad etc.) - now I've given my age away!! Anyway, sorry if it disappoints but I'd only rate Camino as 5/10. Hope this doesn't spoil the movie for anyone else.

Thanks for prompting me to watch it - all the best.

Kev

0 Kudos