Menu
nolly1953
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Viewing recorded programs on downgraded V+ box

This evening I phoned Virginmedia to leave, but ended up reducing my package instead.  One of the reductions was decommissioning my V+ box.  It was only after the call ended that I realised that I can't watch my recorded programs.  I was hoping to transfer them using the Scart lead.  Am I too late now?  Is there a way to play my recorded programs?

nolly1953

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Viewing recorded programs on downgraded V+ box

You can only play recorded shows from a active box with the active subscription. If the box no longer has a subscription for the channel you will not be able to watch them.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can only play recorded shows from a active box with the active subscription. If the box no longer has a subscription for the channel you will not be able to watch them.
0 Kudos
nolly1953
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks apcyberax.  I suspected as much.  A warning then to anyone else wanting to cancel the subscription to a V+ or Tivo - copy any valuable recordings off the box first.

nolly1953

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi nolly1953,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you were unaware of this before it happened Smiley Sad 

Once the box is no longer active we usually require the equipment back. I believe that unless you're paying for the additional outlet, none of the channels will work either. 

Apologies once again. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos