Menu
fizzlepopple
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Very upset and appalled at lack of customer service

Hi!
So - been on holiday - came back and as usual, the Internet wasn't working!
Managed to get an engineer out quickly (hurray) after the fault was diagnosed on the telephone as a faulty old SuperHub (1). The engineer was lovely and got things working by changing the power supply and leaving the old hub in place. OK. Strange. But OK. (Although I would have thought that he'd update the old technology while he was here...)
Anyway - from the moment he left the house (or thereabouts) we have had no TV service through our TiVo box. It is failing to update the channel list and eventually displayed a C130 network error message.
I rang customer services again - waiting for 10 minutes the first time and being disconnected by the adviser before even saying hello. After the second long wait I got through to a chap called 'Sunny' (please excuse any wrong spelling) who did nothing to help, was argumentative and patronising. He failed to tell me anything further about the fault than I had already gleaned for myself and said that I would have to wait in again for another engineer.
In the circumstances I do not think it unreasonable to have suggested that an engineer return today to rectify the fault, but Sunny just wasn't interested. He refused to even ascertain whether that would be possible (given that there were vans not far away from me at the time). He also failed to ascertain whether my fault is related to a larger fault already being looked at in the area. He just said I needed another engineer.
When I explained that neither my wife nor myself can take more time off work to wait for an engineer, he said that I would have to wait until Saturday. He did not offer an evening slot earlier in the week - which I am given to understand were available at the time. In fact, he did nothing to help.
He patronised me by telling me which numbers to press after dialling 150 to get 'straight through' to the faults team! He then told me various other items of corporate spiel which I know from previous dealings with VirginMedia to be incorrect and just a way to dispose of an upset customer rather than to try to actually address the problem.
Then, very oddly, at the moment of ending the call, after he had flatly refused to try to help or to engage his line manager/supervisor on the issue (Arif, I believe), I am no longer able to gain access to my TV Anywhere iPhone app.
I am not very impressed and am rather upset that a customer who only rarely has a problem and has been with VirginMedia since its inception could be treated like this.

In summary - although my Internet now appears to be back online, there's been no update to my 'old' technology (something I would never have mentioned to be honest, had this not happened)
- now left - in the summer holidays with my kids being unable to gain access to IPlayer etc, or watch TV in our living room all week
- no effort made to rectify the problem sooner, or even to ascertain whether actually our fault (as I did suspect) might already be in hand as part of a wider network issue in Whitley Bay
- no offer of a quick engineer response and no effort to ascertain whether this actually could be arranged quite easily
- no offer of evening engineer appointments for tomorrow, Thursday or Friday
- yet did manage to further inflame the situation and rather upset me further.
This is in no way representative of satisfactory customer service.
In addition, despite a direct request, as well as no offer of an engineer in a late slot, there was no offer of any refund of this month's payment despite the lack of access to services.

I do appreciate that sometimes things go wrong. And I do appreciate that they can't magically be fixed. Yet there was no appreciation that my wife had already taken the afternoon off to wait for an engineer today and the fact that neither she nor I can do that again in quick succession. (We are both doctors and any time we take off has a knock-on effect on our colleagues and our patients, so I do not think that it would have been too much to ask for an engineer to pop back again today or to arrange to come say between 4pm & 7pm tomorrow. I am sure you will agree with this.)

(On the other hand, of course, the problem might just be part of a wider problem and well on its way to being fixed already. I just do not know and there was no effort whatsoever on the part of Sunny to find out and to try to help. Saying that he 'tries to do his best' is not the same thing as actually 'trying'!)

I am mightily disappointed and left without TV or the ability to record our serial TV programmes, having to wait until Saturday (that's assuming an appointment has actually been made - I do t know), with no refund and no recompense or appreciation of the time already spent away from work.

Please could I have some actual customer service?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very upset and appalled at lack of customer service

Hi Fizzlepopple,

Thank you for coming in and posting your comments, welcome back Smiley Happy

I am sorry to read about the recent interruptions on the TV services and the broadband. For mysefl to help look into this a bit more I'll need some additinal information.

If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Speak to you soon.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very upset and appalled at lack of customer service

Hi Edd,

Cheers for getting back to me so soon with your details, I have been able to look into the services in the home and whilst I can see that you have mentioned problems in the home, I've not been able to see any outright issues.

I was able to see that the Super Hub was working well and responding well to me tests, along with the TV side. I would like to ge to the root of this and help sort it out.

I would like to ask if you're seeing speed issues still can you post your Hub stats and also a speed test for me to see?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos