Menu
djinuno
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Vbox HD - Err 41

Hello,

I have a vbox hd box and this week everyday when it starts it gives err 41 in the display and eventually it starts.

I searched in google and I found another post where the solution was to replace the box because this error means that something is wrong with the hardware.

Can anyone confirm this?

If it is how I should proceed to get the box replaced?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vbox HD - Err 41

As with any fault, you should ring Virgin (150 from any Virgin phone, 0345 454 1111 from all others) & report the issue. All Virgin equipment is rented, so if it does prove to be faulty, it will be replaced without charge. The call centre may want to run remote tests on your box, so make sure it is powered up when you call.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
djinuno
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As on the post https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/Error-code-41-on-my-v-box-and-keeps-resetting-and-rec... I was hoping that someone from virgin to help me without the need to contact them.

Thank you.
Regards,

NF
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You should get a response here from the Forum Team, but you could be waiting several days for it.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Djinuno,

Thank you for taking the time to talk to us, welcome into the Community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to read that the box has been showing this error, it's certainly something I'd like to help with. Whilst I've been trying to run some tests, some of the details I need are missing. I'll need these so I can test the connection. 

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a great day.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
djinuno
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Ben,

Thanks for the reply, It doesn´t seem I receive the pm.

Meanwhile I follow the previous suggestion and I contacted Virgin support by phone.

Yesterday I had a technical assistance and the box was replaced with a new one, everything is working properly now.

This topic can be closed.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Djinuno,

Thank you for your message, may apologies on the non send of the PM, I must be unlucky.

That's awesome news that the TV services are as they should be now you've had a replacement. I would like to extend any further help you need, please let me know Smiley Happy

All the best and hope you're enjoying your Tuesday.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know