Menu
Pirate
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

VM TV Anywhere on Roku 3500X streaming stick

Ahoy!

Can anyone advise if the VM TV Anywhere feature via the appropriate app work on a Roku 3500X stick?  I can see it says it's compatible with Android devices (I also have an MXQ Pro 4K streaming box which is Android), but I've yet to see any mention of the Roku streaming devices, though if my info is correct, Roku works on a Linux platform (or something similar), but I'm not up to speed with such things, so if there any technophobes here that know about the 'dark art' of compatibility, workarounds and other such techno geek matters, could you please share your knowledge and whether Roku is compatible or not, and if not, is there some wizardry workaround that can be summoned?

TIA.

Pirate!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM TV Anywhere on Roku 3500X streaming stick

Gut instinct immediately says not.
There are enough headaches to get it working on the phones/tablets it is supposed to work with, let alone a completely alien environment.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Pirate
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM TV Anywhere on Roku 3500X streaming stick

Ahoy!

Thx for your reply.  I've installed it onto my MXQ Pro 4K streaming box which is Android, but sometimes people have workarounds or know of modified apps that might work with other OS types.

Pirate!
0 Kudos