Menu
Nex
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VIP package

Decided to bump my big kahuna bundle + sky sports (non HD) up to VIP today, and I was just wondering, the VIP package should include sky movies, correct?

I was mostly interested in bumping up the sports (which I pay a fair amount for) to HD, but I am wondering if as part of the "deal" I didn't actually get the full VIP package and a trimmed down non movies inclusive version of it.

I tried checking my account for what package I'm on, but that's not updated yet. Rebooted the Tivo, no change. BB has upped to 200 meg tho (even though the speed boost said it's only available feb 2017....).

The sky sports however we now get HD, so I was just wondering if anyone had done the same and not quite got the whole deal.

I know that VM can't comment on my actual account due to DPA. I'll ring them tomorrow night and just double check what I should be getting, but thought someone might have a quicker answer before then Smiley Happy

Not trying to be a greedy, I'm just a very good bargainer Smiley Tongue

Random signature here... I'll get back to this some day!
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: VIP package

Hi Nex, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the time it's taken us to reply. We're a little behind on this board currently but are catching up slowly Smiley Happy

Did you manage to speak to a member of the team regarding this? 

You can view full details of the VIP bundle deal here: VIP Package

As you can see, you should get Sky Sports and Sky Movies included in HD on that package. If this still isn't the case then give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 for them to double check what's happened. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I, too, changed my bundle today and very soon after I came off the phone, I receive an email confirming my order and detailing the content and price.

Did you not get a similar email?

0 Kudos
Nex
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Ernie,

All I got was a terms and conditions email. Nothing regarding pricing etc. So I'm not quite sure what happened there.

Hello,

Thanks for your recent enquiry regarding our Terms and Conditions.

All the information you need is available for you to read, save and print out by clicking here.

We're sure you'll find everything here and if you ever want to have another look at it you can always add it to your favourites.

Kind regards,
The Virgin Media team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Nex, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the time it's taken us to reply. We're a little behind on this board currently but are catching up slowly Smiley Happy

Did you manage to speak to a member of the team regarding this? 

You can view full details of the VIP bundle deal here: VIP Package

As you can see, you should get Sky Sports and Sky Movies included in HD on that package. If this still isn't the case then give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 for them to double check what's happened. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Nex
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F

Yeah I did call them back the next day, and all that had happened (as part of my rambling) was that I got the sports & HD & 200 mb bb. I assumed it was the full VIP package at the time but it actually was a modified big kahuna bundle.I mainly wanted the sports, and in HD (since it was cheaper than what I'm paying now for kahuna + sports). I think the trigger point was when he asked "are you specifically looking for sports in HD" to which I answered "Yes", but I was not made aware that the VIP package had movies included at the time of the call. It was one of my questions right at the beginning of the call which never got answered. I asked "what's the difference in the packages between what I have currently (BK + Sports) vs the VIP package". He didn't really answer, but anyway, it's all sorted.

Apologies I should have closed this down.

Nex

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nex, 

Thanks for coming back and letting me know Smiley Happy 

If you have any further issues going forward, come back and we'll be more than happy to help Smiley Happy

I hope you're enjoying your Sports in HD!

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos