Menu
knack
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

VIP package + additional V+

We're moving on to the VIP package tomorrow and have at the last minute decided to keep the V+ box we have at the moment. I called up expecting this to be a simple amendment and additional £6.50 ish on the bill. (Based on info here)

I was told we can't keep it as it is being phased out and if we were to keep the TiVo instead it would amend the overall package cost.

Can anyone confirm this as I'm skeptical.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: VIP package + additional V+

You should be able to keep the V+ HD as a third box. Having the two TiVo type boxes and the V+ HD would probably be £7.50 a month more than the standard VIP bundle price.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes, the cost of the keeping your TiVo should be the same £7.50 extra a month. The costs were reduced last September for any new changes.
0 Kudos

All Replies
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

All new bundle codes dont allow VHD or V+ boxex,
0 Kudos
knack
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

jb66 wrote:
All new bundle codes dont allow VHD or V+ boxex,

One of the changes I considered before going VIP was to keep the V+ and change the TiVo to V6 and this was something that they said was possible. Is it not possible because it's a new bundle?

I just want a basic box for an extra £6.50 a month. Is this possible?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TiVo is now the 'basic' box offered. All V boxes have been withdrawn from sale.

The current VIP bundle comes with two TiVo type boxes. As you already have one, the option you probably have is to swap the V+ HD box for either a TiVo 500GB box or a V6 box. But with the VIP bundle you wouldn't be able to keep the V+ HD box.

Lower bundles don't have the additional box requirement, so as your TiVo is your 'main' box, then that is the only one that counts. Which is why on lower bundles it can be swapped for the V6 box without affecting your V+ HD box - at present.
knack
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

BenMcr wrote:
TiVo is now the 'basic' box offered. All V boxes have been withdrawn from sale.

The current VIP bundle comes with two TiVo type boxes. As you already have one, the option you probably have is to swap the V+ HD box for either a TiVo 500GB box or a V6 box. But with the VIP bundle you wouldn't be able to keep the V+ HD box.

Lower bundles don't have the additional box requirement, so as your TiVo is your 'main' box, then that is the only one that counts. Which is why on lower bundles it can be swapped for the V6 box without affecting your V+ HD box - at present.

Thanks Ben. Just to be clear - I couldn't even keep the V+ as a 3rd box on VIP since I already have it? My existing package is a mix of services so that would explain why keeping the V+ is possible in that case but the price difference made it worthwhile changing to VIP. 

Can you advise the price of a 3rd box on VIP?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You should be able to keep the V+ HD as a third box. Having the two TiVo type boxes and the V+ HD would probably be £7.50 a month more than the standard VIP bundle price.
0 Kudos
knack
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

BenMcr wrote:

Thank you! This is exactly what I want to do. Sorry if my initial posts weren't clear. 

Which department would you recommend speaking to? I spoke to retentions earlier and that's who told me I couldn't keep the V+. Also, will this be ok to change tomorrow considering install is scheduled for then. Or will I need to rearrange the install?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I would go back to retentions as they've arranged the bundle. Even though it's arranged for tomorrow it may still be possible to sort.

I've just realised though if you have gone for a V6 and the VIP bundle then you should get two V6 boxes for the one off cost of one. So the best option would be 2 x V6 and your TiVo as the third box.
0 Kudos
knack
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

BenMcr wrote:
I would go back to retentions as they've arranged the bundle. Even though it's arranged for tomorrow it may still be possible to sort.

I've just realised though if you have gone for a V6 and the VIP bundle then you should get two V6 boxes for the one off cost of one. So the best option would be 2 x V6 and your TiVo as the third box.

I'll do that and hopefully get someone more helpful. 

Yes that's right, I'm getting 2 x V6 for price of one and was going to get rid of TiVo 1TB and V+. I do wish I'd thought about keeping a 3rd before now. 

The reason I decided to keep V+ instead of TiVo was I thought monthly charge would be lower. Is 3rd TiVo also £7.50 a month? If so I'd be happy with that.

I'd be reluctant to pay extra as I know that when end of life pre-Samsung V+ boxes were being swapped for TiVo 500gb there was no additional charge and I imagine it will be the same when the Samsung V+ boxes are phased out

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes, the cost of the keeping your TiVo should be the same £7.50 extra a month. The costs were reduced last September for any new changes.
0 Kudos