Menu
maharishan
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VHD box faulty

Hi I have just has virgin media installed a week ago. And the vhd box seems to be playing up. It does not turn on properly. It get stuck on LD:40 or PL:59 on the display, and also the picture freezes. I switch it on and off and till does nt resolve the issues.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: VHD box faulty

You need to contact customer services to get this resolved. Boxes getting stuck at PL:59 are usually the result of a firmware issue causing the boot sequence to fail.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi maharishan

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry to hear your VHD box is causing issues for you.  I can see you haven't yet had a chance to call in as suggested.  

I have sent some signals to the service for you to refresh this.  Could you try a full mains reset for me and see if this is rectified?  If not I will need to look at further diagnostics with you.

Thanks again and if there's anything else I can help with then please let me know.

Speak soon

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi maharishan

Just an update on this and thanks again for posting on the forums regarding your issue.

I can see that after I messaged you made a call to our teams and the issue with your VHD box was resolved after that call once you performed a full mains reset.

I hope that everything is continuing to work fantastically for you.  If you ever have any further issues with your TV service there are loads of handy troubleshooting articles that can be found here that might be helpful for you to look at.

Give us a shout if you ever need any other help Smiley Happy

Thanks again

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
CMOI1979
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karan

I am a new customer, I am having the same problem as described above. My V+ box will get stuck on PL40 and constantly reboot after working for 5 minutes or so.

Have I got the same issue?

Co
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi CMOI1979,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting on the ForumSmiley Happy​ Sorry to hear that you are also having problems with your V+ box. 

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and run testing to your equipment. Currently I'm not able to get results from your V+ box as it's showing OFFLINE. Can you please let me know if the box is unplugged? If it is, please power the box up and could you leave it powered on tomorrow morning from 8AM onward, so that I can run testing to the box?

Kind regards. 

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos