Menu
christhomas
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VBoxHD and V+BoxHD

Recently my VBox has completely died on me, either the power cable of the box itself has developed a fault so I cannot use it any more so I tried connecting my V+Box to my downstairs TV from my bedroom and the box powers up and shows a channel number but I get no picture on my TV.

I have tried calling 150 from my phone but it seems impossible to get through to a human being so I am asking here instead... Is there any reason my V+ box won't work or have both of my boxes broken?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: VBoxHD and V+BoxHD

How was the V+ connected to the other TV?

Was is by the same method (eg.HDMI cable) or is it different to the one its connected to now?

Your boxes are rented, so I would also report the fault with the VBox asap, so it can be replaced.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
christhomas
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Originally it was connected through HDMI but my downstairs TV is old and does not support that so I have had to swap to SCART, will this not work or is there a special reset that needs doing?

I have tried calling Virgin about the broken box 3 times and each time cannot get through to a human being, I was hoping one of the forum team could help me.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

When you switch the box to HD (HDMI) mode, it disables the TV Scart output. Plug the TV into the VCR Scart (the top one) & it will work. Then use the menu system & take the box out of HD mode & you can use the TV Scart again if you want to use RGB (better quality picture).

If you try phoning at around 8am you have the best chance of getting through. If not, you could use online chat (via the Contact Us link below), or the Staff Forum Team here can book engineers if you wait for one to reply.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos