Menu
Slippery4763
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box

Has anyone had the same experience?  I ordered a V6 box last Saturday, because I was offered an upgrade, an e-mail came back to say all was ok, as offered at £49.95 plus £14.99 activation fee.  No too bad a price.

Waiting until today (Thursday) I had not had a confirmation of installation date, so I contacted Customer Services, only to be told that my package (XL TV, Anytime phone and 150 broadband) was not good enough and that I would have to pay £99.95 plus the activation fee.  Not something that was mentioned when I was offered the upgrade at £49.95.  Customer Services said I would have to upgrade to 200mb at an additional cost of £30+ per month to receive the original price.  I already pay £98 per month as it is and was appalled that they could treat a long standing customer in such a poor way. 

Reading the forums afterwards I am not alone, do they think we're fools!  or rather is it just a ploy to get even more money out of us?  The thing that makes it worse I had to contact them and find out what was happening, as they could not be bothered to let me know that they have made an error in not advertising the implication of the upgrade correctly, when they know already what package you are already on .  It's a sad state of affairs and after many, many years I will be looking elsewhere for my viewing.  One unhappy customer!!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box

Already paying £98/m and not on 200Mbps broadband?

Tbh I'd be ringing Retentions and asking them to reassess your package as a whole.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos