Menu
Andy999
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V+ waking up message

I'm getting this message and the remote/console buttons won't allow me to go to home, switch channel or do anything.

Power light is on, blue circle is illuminated (this is a Samsung V+HD box less than 12 months old)

Can anyone shed any light on this, based on what I have read so far This could be hard disk failure

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ waking up message

Sounds very much like HHD failure.

You may have only had the box only 12 months, but the manufacture date of the box will be 2011 (when they went out of production) or before, & it will have been refurbished 1 or more times since. Most upgrades & all deal renewals now include a TiVO box as standard, so you might want to think about a new deal, otherwise it will be another refurb box you will get.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
syzygyv
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Does it never wake up?

Mine can take minutes to wake up.

0 Kudos
Andy999
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

no at least not for the 2 hours I left it !

based on other feedback looks like the HDD may have gone - looks like I need to call Support.

Thanks for taking the time to respond

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy999

Welcome to the community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on your line from our end, we're seeing some problems from our end and I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look, if you're available?

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos