Menu
yat_patel
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V tv box not working as expected - hd sound and record

After a recent tv, broadband and phone installation, the second v box has 2 major issues:
1. There is no sound on any HD channels, but non-HD channels do have sound.
2. During purchase of my package (big daddy) I was told the second box (v hd) would be able to record as part of the deal. However, when I try to record anything I'm asked to contact Virgin?

Please help....
0 Kudos
yat_patel
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V tv box not working as expected - hd sound and record

Ok managed to resolve the sound issue - can't have dolby sound selected, just stereo. hd sound now works
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VHD's dont record. The only recording box now offered is the TiVO, which adds a further £5 to the £6.50 multiroom fee. V+HD boxes do record, but they are now all 1, 2 or even more times refurbished units & not a good idea to offer to new customers.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
yat_patel
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So discussed this with Virgin customer services who confirmed the same. Problem is, this is not what was advised to me by one of their reps before purchase, and now told Virgin don't record all conversations so becomes my word against theirs, all a bit disappointing (happy with rest of the package mind you). To complicate matters I purchased via the Web site whilst the rep advised me through it (so Web only deal was honoured), so even less chance of the conversation being on record.
0 Kudos