Menu
LostInTheWeb
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

V+ to TIVO upgrade - What's the best way to save favourite recordings from the V+

I was thinking about upgrading my V+ Box to a TIVO box but I have a lot of favourite recordings on my V+ Box (about 50 hours) and this is stopping me from doing the upgrade as I don't want to loose them.

Looking at the V+ manual I see that it can save favourite recordings to a DVD recorder BUT I've checked online and these DVD recorders are expensive as they tend to belong to a PVR setup with Hard Disk and TV Tuners and Freview etc.

Has anybody bought a recorder, of whatever kind,  prior to their TV Box upgrade and can they make any recommendations?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ to TIVO upgrade - What's the best way to save favourite recordings from the V+

Sadly the old analogue connections are now being removed on the newer models of DVD recorders (much to the delight of content owners who have always wanted to get rid of them). There are still some older ones about on Amazon, but otherwise there is no way of transferring.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos