Menu
Bankie67
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V+ requires constant reset / recording failures

Hi!

New to this site so hope you can help.

Following failed recordings on V+ box and having to constantly re-set, an Engineer called and fitted a new V+ box. 
On trying out the new box the same thing happened again.

Engineer called and yet again failed recordings and having to constantly re-set.

Have been considering Tivo box on recommendation of Engineer but hesitant due to thought that something is obviously not right with set-up. Engineer did say that signal strength had been very low at time of second record failure and that this was being looked at but problem persists.

Any help?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ requires constant reset / recording failures

Hello Bankie86,

Sorry to hear this has happened again with your V+ box and I would like to welcome you to the community.

Before we send someone else out I would like to try a reformat of the box if this is okay with you.

It will clear the hard drive and hopefully get this issue resolved for you.

You'll need to use your V+ remote for this and the buttons will need to be pressed quickly for this to work otherwise if you see the words Stop or Quit appear on the V+ display you'll need to start from the beginning.

These are the buttons you will need to press - 

1. Press the HOME Button
  2. Press down the Play button for 5 seconds (E-00 Will appear on the display)

3. Press the TV Drive Button. (E-01 Will appear on the display)

4. Press the CH - button 4 times. (As you do this hdd1, hdd2, hdd3 and then hdd4 will appear on the display)

You should then see rFt appear on the screen which means it's reformatting the box

The process can take between 5-8 minutes and once its complete the V+ will reboot.

Please let me know how you get on.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Bankie67
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose,
I can do what you suggest but, to be honest, we are now on our SECOND replacement box in the past MONTH so I don't feel that it is the box that is at fault - unless of course we have been very unlucky!!!
What do you think?
I am a bit reluctant to carry out the reset at present as my wife has recordings that she has not yet watched.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Bankie67,

I understand your concern, I would recommend trying it but if you still experience this fault I would like to send one of the team out again to find out why it's still happening. Reformatting the box is a way to fix issues with the hard drive but please let me know if there are no changes and I'll look into booking a technician for you to check things over.

Speak to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Bankie67
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Rose,

All has being going well for the past two weeks. Lots of programmes recorded with no problem and no freezing of V+ box... until tonight!

Tonight (Monday 10th Oct) the same three programmes have failed to record as failed two, three & four weeks ago ...
Coronation St. 7:30pm - 8:00pm
Coronation St. 8:30pm - 9:00pm
Cold Feet - 9pm - 10:00pm

Recording of these programmes last week worked like clockwork!

Not sure if you can check 'signal strength' at the dates / times but the engineer who fitted the two replacement boxes said that signal strength had been extremely low during at least one of these events and may have been the cause of recording failure.

Many Thanks!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Bankie67,

Thanks for getting back to me with this information. Normally if recordings fail it's down to the hard drive unless the program wasn't working when the box was set to record.

It would be worth sending someone out to check your signal strength so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of your screen you will see a message waiting for you with further information.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos