Menu
Highlighted
Ali79
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

V+ replacement Samsung

My existing V+ Samsung box is faulty. I have been told a replacement will be delivered tomorrow. From the comments I've read I'm concerned I won't get a like for like exchange! Will I receive a V+ box? Is it likely to be a refurbished box? Or a new V+ Samsung box.
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ replacement Samsung

Virgin haven't made a v+ since 2011
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm going through the same issue as you currently. It's likely the box will be replaced with a TiVo or perhaps even the V6 if you're lucky.

If you must have a V+, you can ring faults and ask them to send out an engineer. They can put on the notes that the customer wants a V+ and the engineer will try and find you one.

Whether you'll get a V+ depends on whether there's stock in your area. Don't listen to VM staff saying you can't have one because they're being switched off, that's not happening yet. It's purely because supplies of them are low.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi av-115

This isn't correct. We are no longer replacing legacy boxes  (VHD, VSD, V+) like for like. If you have one of these boxes and it needs replacing due to a fault, our contact centre staff will talk through the options with you but they are unable to arrange for a V+ to be installed.

Adrian Hayes
Virgin Media
---------------------------------------------
I work for Virgin Media but I browse and post on the forums during my spare time.

0 Kudos
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Adrian_H,

This policy doesn't seem to be consistent, and this is the first time Virgin staff have confirmed this. In the last couple of weeks there have been several posters on the forum who have had replacement V+ boxes and one particular thread where the customer had 2 V+s sent out in error, so it seems to be pot luck which box will be supplied. Do you know when this policy came about?

Andrew

0 Kudos
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This has been in place for the last 2 weeks.

Thanks, Adrian
Adrian Hayes
Virgin Media
---------------------------------------------
I work for Virgin Media but I browse and post on the forums during my spare time.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

av-115 wrote:

Hi, Adrian_H,

This policy doesn't seem to be consistent, and this is the first time Virgin staff have confirmed this. In the last couple of weeks there have been several posters on the forum who have had replacement V+ boxes and one particular thread where the customer had 2 V+s sent out in error, so it seems to be pot luck which box will be supplied. Do you know when this policy came about?

Andrew

It has also been mentioned by another staffer that V+ boxes can no longer entered onto VM's systems by CS staff. So once a V+ is removed from your account the only add/change option is a TiVO or V6 box.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming, Adrian_H!

nodrogd,

It's also been stated in the last couple of weeks that V+ boxes should be replaced like for like, hence the confusion, but we now know this not to be the case. It's good that this policy has been put in place so there isn't a situation where there's inconsistency with regards to which replacement boxes are sent out i.e some customers getting V+, some getting TiVo.

What needs to be confirmed now is whether or not customers with a functioning V+ as an additional box can upgrade/downgrade their TV package without having to change it for a TiVo as there's conflicting information on this. There was a ridiculous thread the other day where a customer was told they would have to pay to change their multi-room V+ box to a TiVo else it would be removed from their account.

0 Kudos