Menu
Joooe
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V+ functions broken

Hi, I think the hard-drive on one of our V+ boxes might be broken. None of the V+ functions are working.

When we try to watch a recording, or pause/rewind live TV the symbols appear, but nothing happens and then it doesn't respond. I've tried turning it off and unplugging the box, but it hasn't worked for a few days now.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ functions broken

What did the Faults team say when you talked to them?

You'll find that you get an immediate response if you give them a ring on 150 (from 08:00 until midnight, every day), or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page to initiate a live chat (from 09:00 until 17:00, Monday to Saturday)

This is primarily a user community forum and while the VM forum team do endeavour to read and, where appropriate, respond to every thread, it can take them a few days to wade through the volume of posts. So for an technical issue, which this seems to be, your best line of inquiry is through the Faults team via the methods above.

Or, failing that, ring Retentions and upgrade to a TiVo - the V+HD boxes haven't been made for over 5 years, so any replacement you receive will still be a reconditioned unit.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Joooe
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. 

I was planning to phone, but someone suggested to me that I try reformatting the box and it seems to have fixed the problem.   Some of the menus seem noticeably quicker too.

Thank you though for the help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joooe,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I wanted to pop by to see how things are going after the reformat took place.

How are things looking today?  If you're still experiencing any issues, let me know and I'll be happy to help.  If all is ok then that's great.

We're here to help anytime you need us Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Joooe
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, the reformat seems to have fixed the issue and the box has been working fine this week.

Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joooe,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy 

Great news to hear that the reformat worked and all is ok now for you.

If you do have any further queries or disruptions, you know where to find us if you need us Smiley Happy

All the best.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos