Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11 (236 Views)

V+ deactivated

I have been having a minor nightmare with VM for a little while.

It all began when my beloved TiVo displayed the green screen of death, this followed two weeks loss of service and loss of my replacement box by the courier.  This was, I thought, all sorted that was until 3 weeks ago, whilst laying in bed trying to watch my V+ box, it too was poorly and had developed a flashing green light!  As I could not speak I asked the forum for help.  I was advised to call an engineer.  This morning the V+ box won't rewind live TV!  I still am struggling to speak but felt I had to call to get someone to sort this out.  Today I discovered that my V+ had be deactivated, my account (which I can't see!) lists my "additional box" as a TiVo box. VM knew that my TiVo box had died! At no time did VmM discuss the phasing out of the V+ box, nor did they arrange for an additional TiVo box to be sent to my home!

My only hope is that I am not going to be charged for the engineers call on Thursday, I was offered this by VM, as it all went so horribly wrong last time.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11 (230 Views)

Re: V+ deactivated

Virgin don't charge for callouts. You will probably be given a tivo or v6 box
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11 (227 Views)

I have been told that my account states that my additional box is a TiVo, so that's what I am getting!

I know when they were sending an engineer to "replace" my dead TiVo, the new one had a charge for installation/activation, which because of all the problems that I had was waived.  An installation/activation fee was not discussed!

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 4 of 11 (216 Views)

They've messed this up essentially, and they've tried to upgrade your V+ box instead of putting a fault replacement job in for the TiVo. Upgrades are chargeable, fault replacements are not (and rightly so).

Yes they are phasing the V+ boxes out, however if you have one and it's still working you can keep it for now. They're not just randomly switching them off, that was done in error. They could have put the V+ back on your account on the phone, but as you have an engineer booked, it will now be replaced with a TiVo unless you specifically ask for it to be put back as you didn't request the change.

If it was developing a fault anyway you may be best taking the TiVo.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 100
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11 (208 Views)

When I asked what had happened to my V+ box I was told it was deactivated and could not be ractivated as the code no longer existed as this system was not supported anymore.  It was then suggested that as the V+ box could not be deactivate a replacement TiVo box be sent!  I was unimpressed with their mix up.  The flashing green light was apparently a sign that the service was deactivated!  I tried to get this resolved this a.m.  This p.m. I asked for this to be raised as a complaint, for the following reasons; I was not told that the V+ was being phased out or deactivated. VM knew that my TiVo box was faulty, so the engineer should have brought both a new TiVo and a new V6 box to make the change over that they had decided upon.  I have suffered a loss of service, again.

My only hope is that things go smoothly on Thursday

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 6 of 11 (205 Views)

[ Edited ]

What they've told you is incorrect. It might be difficult to get the codes for the V+, i.e they may have to speak to a manager, but they can get them.

There's a thread here where the customer's V+ was deactivated by mistake and they were able to add it back. So it can be done. They are phasing them out, i.e offering free upgrades, not replacing them like-for-like if they develop a fault, but they are not switching them off/deactivating them.

I hope they take your complaint seriously and you get a bit of compensation for the loss of service due to an error on their part.

EDIT: Forgot to add, TiVo boxes are more expensive as multi-room boxes than V+. £7.50 vs £6.50 per month. Make sure you're not paying any more than you would have done had they not deactivated the V+.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 100
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11 (142 Views)

Hi Shaddy,

I just wanted to pop by and see how things are today since the engineer visit.  I hope we've been able to get all this sorted for you now.

If you still require any assistance please let me know.  We're here if you need us.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11 (136 Views)

Thank you for your post

From my original posting about a flashing green light on a V+ box, posted on Thursday...

Hi Josh and the forum team,

Well that was an education, unlike the previous installation! I now have the correct remote for a V6 box, this didn't happen before but as I didn't know what remote I should have be given I had been none the wiser!

All of my equipment has now had a serious upgrade, for which I can only say a big Thank you to everyone who has worked to resolve the issues that I have been having. As I have said before, I have been a customer for over 17years (I joined back in the Telewest days) and this was the first time that VM had failed to deliver on customer service. I know that Yodel lost my first replacement TiVo box, so it wasn't all your fault but the issues have dragged on.

I am now looking forward to many years of happy, well connected service.

Thank you once again for "fixing" this and for being there to quiz and respond, my only sadness is that this went wrong and took so long to get right.

Quick Reply Reply
0 Kudos

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11 (134 Views)

Hi Shaddy,

No problem, we're always happy to help out!

I apologise for the time it took to get this sorted out for you but I'm really glad to hear everything is as it should be now.

Hopefully you'll have another 17 years of great service but you can always pop back to the Community if you get any trouble!

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11 (89 Views)

I am beginning to lose the will to live....

FIRST my TiVo died

THEN My V+ box was deactivated 

NOW My loss of service credit has been mucked up.  The CS @ VM altered the direct debit, refunding the loss of service credit to my account, after the paper bill had been raised but before the DD had been taken.  Today's bill states that I OWE VM £27.82 for under payment of that bill.  The new bill also states that my lose of service credit is going to be £27.22???  Why the difference, surely the figures should match.

I am really upset at being told I OWED money,  when it was nothing that I had done.  I have spent an hour on the phone going round and around, as I don't believe the money that I "OWED" should be less that the money that will be credited on my future bill.  This seems very wrong 😡😢

0 Kudos