Menu
Richbitch
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V + box

Can I use somebody elses  v + box, ???  As i have had it given to me.

Because ive been with this company for over 20 years and they wont upgrade my basic silver box !!!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V + box

No you can't use someone else's box, they are issued directly by Virgin Media per account.

In regards to being able to upgrade your box, I'm sure it's not the case that you can't change. However both the V+ HD box when it was available for sale, and it's replacement TiVo were/are normally paid upgrades from the basic SD only box that you currently have.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No you can't use someone else's box, they are issued directly by Virgin Media per account.

In regards to being able to upgrade your box, I'm sure it's not the case that you can't change. However both the V+ HD box when it was available for sale, and it's replacement TiVo were/are normally paid upgrades from the basic SD only box that you currently have.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Richbitch
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello, Thank you for replying, I have had the XL package for years , they also insist on keeping the account in someones elses name ( my ex) we split up in 2005 and I have also changed addresses have asked many times to change the name over but they say I need him to sign the form I havnt seen him and I believe he is in prison , like I say over 20 years when these started as Nynex and they cant treat me well ,

Am I able to get the box ive been given changed over to my account ??

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

nope, virgin will post you a box for £19

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Richbitch,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you've been told you're not able to upgrade your service.

This can be tricky seeing as the account is not in your name. I assume you pay for it though. I certainly recommend giving the relations team a ring to see what can be done about this.

Please contact the team on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone. Follow select option 4 and then 5.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos