Menu
harr5
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V+ box upgrade?

I have the original Tivo, V+ box and 3 HD boxes - I read on the forums that the V+ boxes were to be upgraded to Tivo - I have never had any communication from Virgin.  Can someone confirm if this is correct ?

I have the full house tv and superspeed broadband - so cannot upgrade my package any higher, other than swapping all the boxes for newer models...I presume activation and one off charges will apply? As well as an increase in monthly box charge.

0 Kudos
Martin_D
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ box upgrade?

HI, Harr5

In this situation it would be the best idea to phone in and speak to customer relations. They would be happy to help you switch to a new box. Call on 150 or 0345 454 1111 on option 4 -> option 5. Weekday between 8AM to 8PM. or a Saturday, between 8AM to 6PM (closed Sunday.)

Regards,

Martin

Welcome to the most friendliest community.

Have you got technical problem post it and we will help you fix it.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ box upgrade?

harr5 wrote:

I have the original Tivo, V+ box and 3 HD boxes - I read on the forums that the V+ boxes were to be upgraded to Tivo - I have never had any communication from Virgin.  Can someone confirm if this is correct ?

I have the full house tv and superspeed broadband - so cannot upgrade my package any higher, other than swapping all the boxes for newer models...I presume activation and one off charges will apply? As well as an increase in monthly box charge.

If you have the older Scientific Atlanta V+ box it will be replaced by a TiVO. If your box is a Samsung (as most of the remaining ones are) these are not part of the swapout as they are newer models that can cope with MPEG4 transmissions.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile