Menu
Leonecky
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V box smart card invalid code 3014

Hi my V box has been off for a while and I have turned it back on and on technical stuff it says my smart card has expired, I have read other people's problems and there answers was to get a signal sent down the line to repower the box, I was wondering if this could be something that could help fix my problem, thanka
Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V box smart card invalid code 3014

Hi there Leonecky, 

I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm sorry to hear that you've been getting the smart card invalid message. 

I've sent some signals to the set top box in order to bring things back to life for you. These can take up to 24 hours to complete, however will normally be a lot quicker. 

Should you still be experiencing this error tomorrow evening, please let me know so I can investigate further for you. 

Many thanks and apologies again

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there Leonecky, 

I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm sorry to hear that you've been getting the smart card invalid message. 

I've sent some signals to the set top box in order to bring things back to life for you. These can take up to 24 hours to complete, however will normally be a lot quicker. 

Should you still be experiencing this error tomorrow evening, please let me know so I can investigate further for you. 

Many thanks and apologies again

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Leonecky
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help, it is no longer saying card expired.
0 Kudos
Leonecky
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help, it is no longer saying card expired. I was also wondering if I would be able to get another tivo box instead of a V box in my room, if so how much would this be
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Leonecky, 

Thanks for coming back and letting me know that it's now working for you. 

Now onto changing your V Box for a TiVo® - Whilst I can talk about account specifics, I can give general advice. 

Should you want to change the VBox for a TiVo® you are more than welcome to do this. There is a cost of £20 if you are happy at installing it yourself (£49.95 if you want a technicain to call out), and this would then mean that you would pay an additional £5 a month. If this is something you'd be interested in then I'd have to ask you to give our customer service team a call on 150 or 0345 454 1111 so we can pass security and get this arranged for you. 

Please let me know how this all goes. 

cheers

Huw

0 Kudos