Menu
tracable
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V+ box showing 8888

Hi all,

My V+ box is just showing 8888 (with the tops of the 8's missing) when i turn it on, i have tried rebooting and virgin have sent a signal through but neither of these have made any difference!

any ideas anyone?

thanks 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V+ box showing 8888

You wont recover it. The box is dead & needs replacing. Call faults on 150 from any Virgin phone or the Samrtcall app, or 0345 454 1111 from any other operator. The Forum Team here can also book engineer visits if you are prepared to wait a while for a response.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You wont recover it. The box is dead & needs replacing. Call faults on 150 from any Virgin phone or the Samrtcall app, or 0345 454 1111 from any other operator. The Forum Team here can also book engineer visits if you are prepared to wait a while for a response.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi tracable,

Thanks for your post on the Forum and I'm sorry to hear that your V+ Box has died! 

Looking into this further, I was able to access your account via your Forum details and I can see that you have already arranged an engineer visit for this. Our tech will be able to get this all sorted for you.

Please let us know how you get on with this, as we'd like to make sure this gets fixed for you.

Many thanks,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos