Menu
Yosseflacherie
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V+ box makes noise in the night

Help me please, my v+ keeps making noise at night, it wakes me up as I'm a light sleeper.

im told its due to the programme listing continuously updating. Is there a way where channel listings can only be updated once a day? If not, seriously considering binning virgin as this is ridiculously irritating!!!

thanks

yossef

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V+ box makes noise in the night

Extra charges? Maybe. Maybe not. Depends what package you are on now. A bit of renegotiation & you could end up paying less, even with a second TiVO.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V+HD boxes have to update in this way, otherwise they would grind to a halt continuously when in use. These boxes have been around 15+ years now, & are old technology.

The only way round it is to upgrade to TiVO, which we will all have to do in the near future, as all the legacy boxes are being phased out. TiVO box behaviour is different to the V+HD, & it has no cooling fan, which is the cause of some of the noise.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Yosseflacherie
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Trouble is, I have TiVo in the front room already, to pay extra for TiVo in my bedroom also feels harsh!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Extra charges? Maybe. Maybe not. Depends what package you are on now. A bit of renegotiation & you could end up paying less, even with a second TiVO.

SU1617jpeg.jpg