Menu
Darkangel76
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

V+box issues

When I signed up with Virgin I was promised that I would have a second TiVo box for my bedroom , they fitted a v+ box
I was promised all the same services I had with bt I have had to pay an extra £8 a month for unlimited calls
I was promised Unlimited broad band , but that seems to be throttled as soon as you go on to ge site to download a paid for game . Despite me telling the sales rep I use game sites and assured me it wouldn't be a problem
Now I find when I have tried to use the v+ box I can't watch Netflix on it . It is absolutely useless
Anyone else had these issues
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V+box issues

Some of the sales reps can be be a bit crafty in how they put things. They have basically offered you the old "Sky Switcher" deal which is 2 "recording" boxes (a TiVO plus a second refurb V+HD box).

Virgins Talk Unlimited has several differences to BT equivalent (it doesnt include 0845 numbers), so you will never get like for like anyway. Most of us agree that VM's phone service is not the best deal out there, but it does come with a hefty discount to Broadband costs. One thing you can do is take the Line Rental Saver, which will save you £40 a year by paying in advance. New customers are not normally told about this.

As far as Broadband goes, most people apart from those on legacy deals or retentions packages are not throttled now. Download speed issues are more likely to be down to signal level issues on individual connections (which can & should be investigated by a call to faults), & overutilisation issues in a small number of areas.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V+box issues

Some of the sales reps can be be a bit crafty in how they put things. They have basically offered you the old "Sky Switcher" deal which is 2 "recording" boxes (a TiVO plus a second refurb V+HD box).

Virgins Talk Unlimited has several differences to BT equivalent (it doesnt include 0845 numbers), so you will never get like for like anyway. Most of us agree that VM's phone service is not the best deal out there, but it does come with a hefty discount to Broadband costs. One thing you can do is take the Line Rental Saver, which will save you £40 a year by paying in advance. New customers are not normally told about this.

As far as Broadband goes, most people apart from those on legacy deals or retentions packages are not throttled now. Download speed issues are more likely to be down to signal level issues on individual connections (which can & should be investigated by a call to faults), & overutilisation issues in a small number of areas.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos