Menu
Ken3py
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V box hd no longer supported

We had been on a package deal with virgin for many years which included weekend/evening calls, old school broadband with old modem, and v box hd. I rang to see if they could offer a better deal. They did have a cheaper deal which offered even better service including tivo and superhub. So I thought this is clearly an obvious decision. But when I got the tivo and had it activated I found that I preferred my old v box and didn't need the extra functionality of tivo. So I rang up to see if i could keep the v box and just send back the tivo. At first they agreed and said theyd adjust the package deal. But when it came to reactivating my v box there was a problem. They said the package is a tivo package so they cannot go back to activate the v box unless I switch back to the old package
0 Kudos
Ken3py
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V box hd no longer supported

So we would be paying more money for less services. This doesn't make sense and i am not sure what to do.

They are additionaly saying that v box wil no longer work at some point.

I'm left with no option but to leave Virgin?

Please advise me this is ridiculous.

0 Kudos
Ken3py
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why can't they just manually override the price of the package back to the original price offer?

It's not like I'm asking for more, I'm downgrading. Why do i have to pay more makes no sense.

I rang virgin many times today and they keep tellinge different things. The last agent tells me they don't do 70mb broadband. Yet this is what was offered initially as part of the package!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ken3py

I'm very sorry for the ongoing problems you're experiencing at the moment, we don't have TV packages without the TiVo service so looking to set one up wouldn't be possible unfortunately.

Due to the nature of the issue, if you've still not solved this I'd recommend giving the team a call on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 so we can fully clear security, to discuss this with you in more detail.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos