Menu
fatcontroller
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V+ box has died, I think

Our daughter has a Samsung V+ box in her bedroom, and came to me earlier today to say that the box was really noisy - upon looking at it, the fan was running at full tilt.  I unplugged it, used a vaccum cleaner hose to pull all the dust out of the fan, let it cool a bit and plugged it back in - now, it only does one of two things:

- The blue light around the Enter button illuminates, and the power button illuminates, both momentarily, and then go out;  nothing happens thereafter.

- Both lights and the online light come on and stay on, but the box does nothing more.

Oddly enough, a couple of nights ago when standing at the top of the stairs, I was convinced that I could hear a capacitor 'singing' (you know how electrolytics do when they are less than happy), so I now wonder if the power supply has chucked its toys out of the pram.....

I am going to leave it unplugged overnight and try again in the morning, but is there anything else I should do before calling for an engineer?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ box has died, I think

Sounds very much like a failed PSU. I would ring faults & get it looked at.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

fatcontroller
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

I will give them a ring shortly;  fair play to the old box to be honest, it has to be at least 7 years old I reckon (possibly a lot more too!);  I might speak to them about our TiVo at the same time, as it is getting really slow.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi fatcontroller

I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and I can see that work has been completed recently to resolve this issue. I hope that means your daughter is able to watch the TV in her room now? Man Happy

If you need any assistance moving forward, you know where to find us.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

fatcontroller
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

The engineer replaced the box and had us back in business in no time, and all is now well;  he was a really nice guy, clearly knew his stuff, and is a credit to you

Thanks for the assistance once againSmiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey fatcontroller

Excellent news! Thanks for taking the time to let me know Man Happy

If you need any assistance in the future, you know where we are!

Take care

CRaig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos