Menu
JAS07
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V+ box gets very hot

Hi, would anyone know please why my V+ box gets as hot as it does? Hadn't really noticed it before while it sat on an open shelf, but certainly did as soon as I put it into a media cupboard. Can't close the doors on the cupboard because of the heat which rather defeats the idea. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ box gets very hot

V+ boxes should really be out in the open & not shut in, as they are well known for overheating (& then shutting down) in confined spaces.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
JAS07
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice. The box is now on the floor underneath the media cupboard, go figure, but the heating problem is solved. The box is now only warm rather than hot so all should be okay.
deano2012
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If it's the Samsung V+hd stb that you have it might be worth just giving the cooling fan at the back of the unit a little hoover out as this can become quite dusty over time and probably cause overheating issues which could also make the fan noisy.
I am in an OVERSUBSCRIBED VIRGIN MEDIA AREA - Contention reference F003570038, ongoing since March 2016
0 Kudos