Menu
marjrie
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

V+ box freezing

my v+ box freezes quite often, we are out of any tied contract to Virgin and don't want to start a new one, as may be moving house this year. 

My question is will they supply a new box if needed without signing up for 12 months? 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V+ box freezing

Hi marjrie,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

Hopefully this means all is ok now for you.  Should the issue come back please make a note of the time it happens and what channel you're on.

I have re-checked the box and all is looking fine signal wise.  As long as all leads are connected securely and box is well ventilated that's all you can check from your end.  If this does continue, let me know and we'll arrange for an engineer to call round and fix this for you.

Hope you have a lovely Easter week end.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there marjrie, 

I'm really sorry to hear that this is continuing to cause you issues, I've just run some testing and can now see some issues, so I'd like to arrange for a technician to call out and investigate further for you. 

I've sent you a private message in order to get things moving, please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi marjrie

I'm massively sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your V+ box at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and take a closer look at this from our end for you, we're not detecting any issues with the box although I can see you've also rebooted it quite recently. Since then the box hasn't reported any errors so I hope this means things are looking better for you?

If not, get in touch and I'll look to escalate this from our end.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
marjrie
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, it's been ok this week, it is usually the HD channels that seem to freeze, if we are in the middle of watching something we have to change channels, to SD, then reboot the box when we aren't using it.

Is there anything I can do to stop this happening? 

Craig_D wrote:

Hi marjrie

I'm massively sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your V+ box at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and take a closer look at this from our end for you, we're not detecting any issues with the box although I can see you've also rebooted it quite recently. Since then the box hasn't reported any errors so I hope this means things are looking better for you?

If not, get in touch and I'll look to escalate this from our end.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi marjrie,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

Hopefully this means all is ok now for you.  Should the issue come back please make a note of the time it happens and what channel you're on.

I have re-checked the box and all is looking fine signal wise.  As long as all leads are connected securely and box is well ventilated that's all you can check from your end.  If this does continue, let me know and we'll arrange for an engineer to call round and fix this for you.

Hope you have a lovely Easter week end.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
marjrie
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, it happened again last night when I was watching masterchef ! I turned to the SD channel and that was fine. I think I'm going to reboot it again before we use it today.
0 Kudos
marjrie
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The Vplus box has frozen twice today, can anyone tell us why this keeps happening please?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there marjrie, 

I'm really sorry to hear that this is continuing to cause you issues, I've just run some testing and can now see some issues, so I'd like to arrange for a technician to call out and investigate further for you. 

I've sent you a private message in order to get things moving, please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
marjrie
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I have replied to you private message.
0 Kudos