Menu
tony1928
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

V+ box: failure to play back recordings

The recorded programme that I was watching concluded before its 'end time', but when I came to close the recording and to open a new channel, I discovered that not one of the buttons on the remote hand-set produced any response whatsoever.

I reset the V+box and all the hand-set remote buttons did then function, that is.until I came to replay a recording. Then the system froze as before, in that the existing channel, both picture and sound, remained on screen.and, as before, all the buttons were now 'dead' and I was stuck with the existing on-screen channel. Although the recording was indicated as playing, it was not visible on the screen nor was there any sound from the recording.. 

Having re-set the V+, the menu indicated that pre-planned recordings had been made - but, again, I was not able to play any of them back. When I attempted to do so, the system froze, as before.

Unfortunately, although I used the 0345 number, not having a Virgin phone line, I was repeatedly asked by a pre-recorded (?) voice for my Virgin phone number, so I got nowhere in trying to contact Virgin re my problem.

0 Kudos
tony1928
Tuning in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ box: failure to play back recordings

Eventually. I managed to get a real, live person on the telephone! We had a fruitful conversation and she is arranging for a new box to be sent to me.

1928tony

0 Kudos