Menu
SKir1962
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V+ box error code 3203

Most of the channels on my box are now not available - only BBC1HD, BBC2HD, ITV1HD and C4HD seem to be working. Interestingly, the other channels have been deteriorating over the last few weeks (severe pixcelation) which I put down to atmospheric conditions. 

Customer service say that the code means that there is a problem in my area (and not a problem with my box) but that none has yet been reported. They have asked me to call back if the problem persists beyond the next 48 hours, which seems ludicrous.

Looking at earlier posts on this error code, I see that I am not alone. However, it is not entirely clear what the issue is. Should Virgin be offering an engineer visit? Do I need to replace my box? Or is it a problem with Virgin's service - should I switch to Sky?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ box error code 3203

Hi SKir1962,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your V+ box.

I've run some checks and I would recommend getting a technician to take a look at this for you.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Rigga37
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Had exactly the same fault for 2 days now but don't have any usable channels. Virgin customer service advised me to leave it for 48 hrs as it was a "local" fault and would be resolved. It will now take a further 6 days before a technician can visit as it has not been resolved.

As I understand it, error code 3203 is a low power fault, meaning that there is either a cable fault or a power supply issue to the box (my Tivo is working fine, so possible box or local wiring).

8 days is bloody ridiculous. If this isn't sorted quickly, then Sky will be the winner

SKir1962 wrote:

Most of the channels on my box are now not available - only BBC1HD, BBC2HD, ITV1HD and C4HD seem to be working. Interestingly, the other channels have been deteriorating over the last few weeks (severe pixcelation) which I put down to atmospheric conditions. 

Customer service say that the code means that there is a problem in my area (and not a problem with my box) but that none has yet been reported. They have asked me to call back if the problem persists beyond the next 48 hours, which seems ludicrous.

Looking at earlier posts on this error code, I see that I am not alone. However, it is not entirely clear what the issue is. Should Virgin be offering an engineer visit? Do I need to replace my box? Or is it a problem with Virgin's service - should I switch to Sky?

0 Kudos
SKir1962
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I lost all signal the following morning, including internet, so Virgin were clearly doing something. After about 15 min everything cam back and seemed fine. They then sent me a text saying that they had fixed the problem - followed my a more recent message saying that they want to send a technician out.

The V+ box has lost signal once since and had to be re-set. We'll see.

Steve

0 Kudos