Menu
Craiglc74
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V+ box constantly freezes

Hi, I have TiVo in one room and v+ box in another, the TiVo works absolutely fine but my v+ box freezers constantly and I am having to reboot it, v frusrating
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ box constantly freezes

Hi Craiglc74,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for choosing us to help you.

I'm very sorry to read about the V+ and freezing on your shows. 

I would love to help and this already looks like a card issue. I will need the card number that is inside the V+ box currently. I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page. If you can reply to me there, I'll be able to help Smiley Happy

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Thanks for getting in touch.  I have picked up the message you sent to Ben.  As he is not in right now I'll pick this up for you Smiley Happy

Is the box itself freezing up or is it relating to the picture freezing?  If you can let me know I can check this further for you.

All looks fine regarding the smart card and signal levels so I just want to get a bit more information about exactly what's happening and we can then put together a course of action to get this resolved.

Can you also let me know if this affects every channel you watch and if it happens at specific times of the day?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Craiglc74
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette,

Thanks for getting in touch, in response the box generally freezes when changing channel, this happens at random intervals and times of day. Sometimes if watching a channel for a while the picture can freeze, sometimes after a while I will try and change channel and it will freeze during the change, sometimes it will freeze very quickly after reboot
Hope this helps

Thanks

Craig
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the quick reply Smiley Happy

It sounds like we do need to get an engineer out to get this fixed for you.  I will be happy to arrange this no problem.

I will send the details of the appointment in a private message.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

I have gone ahead and booked for you:

Sch Date: 13/05/16
Sch Time: 12-4PM

If anything changes and you find you can't make the appointment you can reschedule by logging into your account via: http://virg.co/TzKOI        

It would be great to hear how your appointment goes so keep me posted how you get on after the visit.

I look forward to hearing from you.  Smiley Happy

Collette.
Forum Team.

0 Kudos