Menu
danni_82
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V+ box Stuttering, Freezing, Pixelating

Hi,

For weeks now our V+ box has been stuttering, freezing and pixelating. It has gradually got worse to the point where we can't even watch it anymore. It not only happens on live tv, it does it with recordings and even when watching on catchup / demand. It does it on multiple different channels both hd and sd and at different times of the day so its basically unwatchable at the minute. We have TiVo box downstairs which works fine but the V+ box is upstairs is the one with the problem.

Can this be looked into please as we've tried rebooting it numerous times but nothing seems to help.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Browser01
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ box Stuttering, Freezing, Pixelating

From your description it sounds to me like your hard drive has failed / is failing. 

Time to give 150 a call and get a fitter round to check it out : (   B

danni_82
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Browser01, did wonder about that. But that's given me something to think about now then. Cheers for the help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Danni_82

Sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing at the moment.

I can see that you've posted this issue [here] and Josh has responded to you.

We're looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

danni_82
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

**Problem Solved**

Hi, I just wanted to say a huge thanks, a very friendly engineer came out and replaced my V+ Box the other day and now everything is working perfectly again. First thing he did was test the signal strength which he said was ok. So I believe it did turn out to be a hard drive problem as every time a recording started it would affect the live TV and make it stutter and freeze. It also happened when you would pause a live show and used the rewind function. But I'm glad to report all is good now.

Many thanks for all the help.

0 Kudos