Menu
Al_Pboro
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V+ Replacement by TIVO

I enquired the other day what it would cost to replace my bedroom Samsung V+ with a TIVO and was advised £64.96 plus a £5.00 a month charge. We have been with Virgin since they were Bell CableMedia which is yonks ago. We have 200meg broadband, full house TV, a V6 and two TIVO's as well as the old V+ and the replacement would be a self install. Can't help but feel that's a pretty steep price to pay bearing in mind our loyalty to Virgin over the years especially when you see the offers being given to new customers. If anyone from Virgin picks this up I would appreciate a reconsideration.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V+ Replacement by TIVO

Just to point out you'd actually be getting the Virgin TV V6 box for that price, not the older TiVo.

You should be able to swap the V+ HD box for an older TiVo for just £14.99 one off for activation and delivery.

Additional boxes now cost £7.50 a month, so your price probably shouldn't go up by £5 either. Additional V+ HD boxes have cost different amounts over the years but the most recent price on Full House was £6.50, so you should only see a £1 increase to change to TiVo.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just to point out you'd actually be getting the Virgin TV V6 box for that price, not the older TiVo.

You should be able to swap the V+ HD box for an older TiVo for just £14.99 one off for activation and delivery.

Additional boxes now cost £7.50 a month, so your price probably shouldn't go up by £5 either. Additional V+ HD boxes have cost different amounts over the years but the most recent price on Full House was £6.50, so you should only see a £1 increase to change to TiVo.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Al_Pboro
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I'll give them another call

0 Kudos
Al_Pboro
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just called customer service again and now have a V6 on it's way with a £7 reduction in monthly cost but having to pay the £65 one off fee RESULT!!! many thanks

0 Kudos