Menu
loz25
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V Plus box catchup slow

Hi we have a main TiVo box and a v plus box upstairs. The v plus box is very slow and regularly lags for long periods. We have noticed the error 'on demand service is unavailable' more and more of late and we also do not seem to get the same choice of catchup that we get downstairs for example there is something on iplayer downstairs that won't be on the upstairs one. Is this normal?
0 Kudos
surfskies
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V Plus box catchup slow

Yes.

I have a V+ box and it lags (just a moment..........zzzz) and tells me catch-up is unavailable at least once a day. You will also find that it's nearly always BBC programs that are missing on catch-up. Virgin are aware of this - it's an ongoing and very frustrating problem - but they do not care to fix it. Last night for example, no BBC programs at all had been loaded for the entire day. This happened for 3 days in a row a week or so back and it's happened on a weekly basis for as long as I can remember.

Someone from the Virgin team will come along to this thread in 2 or 3 days time (when they know it's likely that the programs have finally been loaded) and ask if the problem is fixed. They will then close this thread off as fixed. You can then open another one the next time it happens in a week or so's time & the whole process will start again.

loz25
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying and sharing your experiences very helpful to know its a wider issue
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi laz25,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're frequently getting an error on your On Demand service, I'd like to help check this out for you.

Firstly, with the error message you get on the V+ box, does the error give you a number to quote?  If so let me know what this is and I can check this out for you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
loz25
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying I'll let you know when we next see the error message
0 Kudos