Menu
SirBrian
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V HD+

Having recently replaced Sky TV with Virgin, I am seriously regretting the decision. The TiVo box is ok (but noisy), however the VHD+ box for my daughter is truly awful. It is noisy, only works when it feels like it and can only record 5 days in advance even though the search function shows programs 7 days in advance. I have had it replaced once already and the new is only marginally better than the first one (not quite as noisy). Is there anything that can be done to persuade it that it can record 7 days in advance, and to keep working for more than a day without being reset. Sorry Virgin I'm not impressed.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V HD+

The only option is to replace the V+ with another TiVO, which will increase your rental charges. The V+ is a legacy box which ceased production 6 years ago. All the units now in circulation are refurb units. You only have a 5 day EPG as the memory capacity of the box was never designed for the number of channels that are now available on the network. This box is supplied with the Sky Switcher deal as it is the same rental price as a non-recording multiroom box.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The only option is to replace the V+ with another TiVO, which will increase your rental charges. The V+ is a legacy box which ceased production 6 years ago. All the units now in circulation are refurb units. You only have a 5 day EPG as the memory capacity of the box was never designed for the number of channels that are now available on the network. This box is supplied with the Sky Switcher deal as it is the same rental price as a non-recording multiroom box.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

SirBrian
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Now why doesn't that surprise me. Thanks for the info nodrogd. 

0 Kudos