Menu
Buddy123
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V+ HD missing start\end of programs?

This question has been posted before and the issue still persists.Add 10 mins to start of a programme and 10 mins to end of a programme and the recording is only 60 mins.This annoying, especially BBC channels, as they always run late.

So the recording always misses the last few minutes.

I have had my Samsung HD+ box replace before.

I had virgin TV fault service and India call centre, they guy on the other end asked me to reset the box the once rest,remove the RF connector on the back of the box and blow into the connector( I thought he was taking the proverbial)

Recorded a 30 min programme it recorded 50mins.

Recorded a 60 min programme it recorded 80mins.

Now, was it the resetting the box or BLOWING!!! into the connector which sorted the issue.

Will have to keep an eye the situation

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ HD missing start\end of programs?

Blowing into the Coax connector is going to do sod all. More then likely resetting the box (Rebooting it) has fixed it.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unless the connection wasn't in correctly in the first place, whereby unscrewing it & screwing it back in could solve the issue.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Buddy123
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Exactly, I have been in the electronics industry for over 30 years, since when does dust get into a RF connector and cause such a problem, I think the guy in India was taking proverbial

0 Kudos