Menu
katejo
Dialled in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

V HD fee on monthly bill

I have just rung VM to query why my bill shows a monthly fee for the V HD box. This fee appeared in January just after i upgraded my V box to a V HD. However my box is a basic HD box not a TIVO or one with recording facility on it. There is not supposed to be a monthly fee. The person to whom I spoke, insisted that I wasn't being charged anything but I am not convinced. If there is no charge, leave it off the bill.

0 Kudos
Tbgbe
Super solver
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: V HD fee on monthly bill

The "Fee" shown on the bill is actually 0.00
(so the agent was correct).
Same applies to V+ as well.
I think the text is added when you upgrade - even though monthly cost is 0.00.

TVXL(V+), BB10Mb, Ph(M)
0 Kudos
ozwozere
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Not sure I agree as my bill has just gone up by over £3 a month since this "fee" appeared.  The agent never said there was a charge.  As soon as BT get a decent speed broadband line near my gaff, I'm off.  Virgin bills just keep creeping up and up with 49p for this and 90 p for that.  It all adds up.  Where can I find a breakdown of my "bundle"?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

There is no additional 'fee' for the VHD box. There used to be a supplement for the V+ if you weren't on the XL pack. The only additional fee now is for the TiVO at £5 a month.

You can't get a breakdown of the bundle, but you can ring Retentions & try for a better deal, particularly if you are out of contract. Ring 150 option 5 then 3 during normal office hours.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Levente
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

interestingly on this older topic: I have the same item that showed up on my bills, despite the fact that the box was upgraded for free to a simple HD box.

Also, it shows "At the races" (??) that I have never asked for in my life.

I have M+ TV service as I barely watch live TV... but I am very intrigued by a bunch of "fees" that VM seem to claim that they don't actually equate to actual fees... 

Also a "loyalty discount" disappeared - ironically, so if one stays with VM then VM REMOVES a loyalty discount??

0 Kudos
Xian
Well-informed
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

At The Races is free on all packages.
Here's a list of available channels:

https://my.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virgoBrowse/docs/VirginMediaTVChannelGuide.pdf
0 Kudos
Levente
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

thanks, phew - I hope "HD monthly fee" is also... zero as it was claimed before. 

I just simply love the irony of a loyalty discount being removed over time Smiley Happy)

0 Kudos
Xian
Well-informed
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

When my loyalty package expired I phoned "thinking of leaving" option and they put it back on for another year or so.

Worth a punt...
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Levente wrote:

thanks, phew - I hope "HD monthly fee" is also... zero as it was claimed before. 

I just simply love the irony of a loyalty discount being removed over time Smiley Happy)

The vast majority of Virgin Media's loyal customers receive no discount.

Those with so-called 'loyalty' discounts are those that have negotiated a discount through Retentions. Many of those say they are going to leave unless Virgin Media reduce the bill. Hardly loyalty, more dis-loyalty. I, personally, have no issue with those discounts being eroded over time.

Time for all companies to reward true loyalty by automatically applying discounts to all customers who have done continuous business with them. No need for Retentions. You want to leave, leave.

I only have one example of a company applying benefit based on loyalty. Nationwide have a loyalty saving account where an extra 0.1% is added to the savings rate after 5 years continuous loyalty then further 0.1% increments at 10 and 15 years.

0 Kudos
Levente
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ah well not to generalise... and to be precise: my "dis-loyalty" discount came about because I caught a blatant contradiction between what VM claimed to offer for free to existing customers (in a letter sent to me, not one of those canvas letters without addressee)  and what they actually have not activated on my account.

This wasn't the first such amazing selective amnezia, and even so, I stayed with NTL/VM for 14 years now... despite their occasional downright insulting such "omissions" and, as this time was stated, "phrasing mistakes" (?!) in their personalised letters...

So they offered to upgrade TV box as stated in letter, also the hub, and slapped on this "loyalty" discount. 

So one should refrain from such generalisations... and insinuations as above... I think, without wanting to get personal but impossible to make the point without my personal details, one could say I was extremely loyal Smiley Wink 

And so we hopefully get back to the topic...

0 Kudos