Menu
Liz_H
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V HD box

Can someone tell me whether the V HD box is being phased out anytime soon?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V HD box

As it's no longer being offered, even on the lowest TV package, so safe to say they'll only be giving out replacements going forward.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Liz_H
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks PrinterElf. The reason I asked was when talking to customer services to arrange swapping my two Tivos for V6's she suggested that I keep the Tivos and swap both my sons V HD boxes instead as they were being phased out, I refused this as it was going to cost more. Anyway for some reason she couldn't do the changes I asked for and said I need to go to the online chat which I did. The online chat person arranged for the swap of the Tivos but then said as I'm a long term customer when the engineer comes to do the swap I could just get him to take the V HD boxes instead of the Tivos and I would not be charged any extra. I find this hard to believe and I'm taking what he said with a pinch of salt. The engineer is due on the 18th so I'll find out then.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I would expect if they're down to swap the TiVo boxes, that is what they will do. When it's booked on the account then the agents will specify which boxes to change, and amending that at install itself isn't the easiest thing.

I would point out that your V HD boxes will be costing you £6.50 a month per box. Since 1st September new TiVo (and now V6) boxes as additional boxes are £7.50 a month, so although there would have been a change to the price, it shouldn't have been a big change.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own